1943 Berlin Blitz VR - FREE!

Caporegime
Dropped on this last night, as an avid WWII historian I was curious to see what it was like.

Overall I thought pretty good - especially given its free!

And somewhat thought provoking.

Enjoy.

synopsis
In September 1943, BBC war correspondent Wynford Vaughan-Thomas boarded a Lancaster bomber with his recording engineer and a microphone.

Join the crew to fly to the heart of Nazi-occupied Europe, as they endure endless flak and a night fighter attack. Listen to the original recordings documenting the terrible ordeal – a major night-time bombing raid over Berlin, described by Vaughan-Thomas as “the most beautifully horrible sight I’ve ever seen”.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zk3cmfr

A few other VR titles available here including a pretty good Space Walk in VR.

Soldato
It's very good - played it a few weeks ago. Not 100% accurate - the engines would have flames coming out of the exhaust stubs for example, but it's still very atmospheric and sobering to realise that young men bravely did this for real night after night, and many of them never came back. :(

Soldato
Really good experience and the sort of thing everyone should experience.
VR could be such a great tool for education

(sadly what schools could afford the hardware and even if they could how long before they were nicked or vandalised?)

Still, I hope we see much more of this (also stuff like the Apollo 11 and the Titanic)

Soldato
Schools can easily afford Oculus hardware and many are using them now. Usually they use Oculus Go but there are ones with Rift setups.
I guess that depends on the schools. Sadly not all are equal. I guess we are an international forum which makes comparisons even harder

Some schools near me don't even supply books to take home any more and you have to pay for things like paints etc in art.
Was nothing like this when I went to school. Something I am only really learning now as I have a 3.5 year old

Associate
I guess that depends on the schools. Sadly not all are equal. I guess we are an international forum which makes comparisons even harder
Some schools near me don't even supply books to take home any more and you have to pay for things like paints etc in art.
Was nothing like this when I went to school. Something I am only really learning now as I have a 3.5 year old

I'm in the UK, just in the process of buying a load of Oculus Go for a school IT suite at the moment. They have different funding pots in budgets so just because they can't afford paints etc. doesn't mean they can't afford computer stuff.

Associate
This looks great thanks, has anyone run it on a WMR headset? The only thread I've seen on the steam forums is that it kept crashing...

Back
Top Bottom