1950x Render Node

Associate
Hi

First time here and first time building a PC.

I'm building a render node which will be purely used for Cinema4D & Vray. I don't need a fancy graphics card (yet) (i don't think!) i just need to be able to switch it on, hit render from my main machine and let the Threadripper do it's stuff.

I know this has all probably been discussed a thousand times but I've looked at so many videos and read loads of build descriptions but find it hard to reach a decision about certain parts due to peoples different opinions.

The thing i am struggling with the most is the ram, can i use 3000mhz DDr4 or should i really go higher?

I'm going to add 64gig of ram which should be enough, obviously i can pick up 8x8 sticks cheaper than 4x16 but are there major benefits to running 4x16 apart from having room to upgrade?

Also does anyone know if the Noctua cooler will get in the way of the ram sticks if i use 8x8?

Thanks in advance for any help

Here is my parts list so far.... https://uk.************.com/list/VpFjXP

Associate
OP
I thought ram would be fairly easy to decide on but it's being the biggest headache so far!
I'll try and find some more benchmarks - if the difference between higher speeds equates to tiny gains i'll be fine i think with with 3000 or 3200 i just didn't want to go lower if the TR works better with higher.
i just want it to work the best it can and be stable without breaking the bank as DDR4 isn't cheap at the moment. I have 2 i7's i can use so that should save a bit of extra time rendering

The Noctua cooler sounds like a good choice, good to hear from someone who's using it.

Associate
OP
Haha, 2 day gain on rendering must satisfying!
I'll look in to that kit. Noctua fan is ordered now, one more thing ticked off the list!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom