1993 game engine omg!

Soldato

Using the doom engine from 1993!

Selaco will also sport voxel-powered 3D details, destructible environments, objects that use physics, advanced lighting, and fully voiced characters. One of these is The Juggernaut, a large enemy that will surprise players and break through walls, almost like a sci-fi version of Resident Evil 2’s Mr. X. And remember, all of this is being done using a source port of a game released back in 1993

Last edited:
Associate

Using the doom engine from 1993!

Selaco will also sport voxel-powered 3D details, destructible environments, objects that use physics, advanced lighting, and fully voiced characters. One of these is The Juggernaut, a large enemy that will surprise players and break through walls, almost like a sci-fi version of Resident Evil 2’s Mr. X. And remember, all of this is being done using a source port of a game released back in 1993
damn that's cool

Man of Honour
It is actually impressive what can be pushed out of some of those older engines with a little modern makeover and the artists having to be inventive - for example the new Quake 1 Dimension of the Machine episode, Bridgeburner's Bastion of Chaos for Doom II or Danlex's Lullaby for Doom, etc.

Soldato
Love the look of this!

Mostly, I'm just posting here so I can insert some key words that'll help me find this thread when I inevitably remember seeing it but forget what it is called :D

Modern Doom engine

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Alright so having a quick play before continuing later this eve but the GFX settings are VAST, also Ultra preset isn't actually fully ultra because...

BPKGjI4.png

Hah, I laugh in the face of such warnings:

jqtWiZa.png

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The text does say "ANY" computer, which would include a 4090. There does seem to be a few fps drops to the 80s and 60s for the first few frames of massive explosions, then it goes back up to the hundreds. All destriction and thrown particles remain where you left them even after coming back to an older area, so this is probably why it's pretty demanding.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oddly doesn't look as smooth as it should IMHO. Sure we had fewer frames to animate but the games would generally feel smooth regardless especially with a 3DFX card etc.

Looks great regardless

Back
Top Bottom