1st Line Support Interview

Associate
Hi guys,

I've just got myself an interview at an IT company in 1st line support. There was a phone interview were he asked me questions about my experience and at the end offered me a face to face interview.

Im after some advice really. I am currently studying for my degree in Network Engineering and Systems Administration and am very passionate about everything IT related really I have got my CCNA1, 2, 3 exams done and currently am studying for CCNA 4. I have also had work experience working as part of a small IT team.

I have already informed my interviewer that I am studying at University and he seems fine with this.

So what sort of interview questions can I expect? How should I prepare for this interview?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Associate
OP
What is it 1st line for? Basic PC support? Enterprise level application support? What industry is it for (e.g. a bank or a small company, etc)?

(I run enterprise application support teams for banks so if it's that, then I can probably give a reasonable idea).

The job is for a company that manages other peoples networks. So i'll be answering phone calls from people who are having problems and I guess remoting in and trying to solve the issues or passing it off to someone who can. From what I can gather its only a small business at the minute but I have to start somewhere.

Been applying for a while this is the first interview i've got.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom