2 PC's in one Case?

Not that I know of, if you wanted to do it in a standard sized case one mobo would have to be fitted BTX style (upside down) and the other the standard way plus you would have to use mATX boards. Not to mention fitting 2 PSUs and makuing space for PCI brackets all the way down the back of the case. And wiring the switch so it turns both on at once.

Once thats done you would have the problem of actually accessing the computers, I guess one would have to be mounted on the side panel somehow.

Raikiri said:
Not that I know of, if you wanted to do it in a standard sized case one mobo would have to be fitted BTX style (upside down) and the other the standard way plus you would have to use mATX boards. Not to mention fitting 2 PSUs and makuing space for PCI brackets all the way down the back of the case. And wiring the switch so it turns both on at once.

Once thats done you would have the problem of actually accessing the computers, I guess one would have to be mounted on the side panel somehow.
add to that the large amount of heat that would be generated from both machines in one case :-/

MyBoxLife said:
Has anybody had a go at custom building 2 PC's in 1 case?

Out of interest why would you want to? As the others have pointed out it would be a pretty difficult operation in an ordinary case, it can however be done in an entirely custom-built case, one member of the forums built what he called a Rendiathon, the thread has long since been pruned from here but it still exists on the Bit-Tech forums.

nikebee said:
add to that the large amount of heat that would be generated from both machines in one case :-/

Would look mint though :D

They done it with Xbox's, 4 boards, stacked on eachother.
16 controller ports on the front.
Full size case.
All linked together for some System linkage :D

MC_Bob

Got twin boys, and the battle is fierce for computer time, so was tempted to provide them each with a PC, the idea of 1 box, for space reasons, sounded attractive, but obviously too many possible issues.

Would definalty be a challenge for all those engineer's out there coming up with a case to house 2 lots of hardware inside.

How just bolt 2 cases together. Side by side. Seen it done before but the other case was used for watercooling, with a hindge between the cases.

Could take the mobo tray and turn it the other way round. Mod it some how. Hard talking about it without any diagrams.

Anyway, there could be a simpe, solution to the problem. Just make 2 mounts like what Ive done (going to create another thread in this section about it. Be done in a sec) This way you can 2 rigs side by side. No chance of it getting hot. Room temp would determin on clocks etc.

shuttles would be quite easy to build into a single case with modification, however they look good as single units and they don't have cooling issues :)

these 2 cases are still much smaller than my antec superlanboy

tower.jpg

Back
Top Bottom