2 psu to 1 case need help

Associate
ive got a crossfire setup at the moment with 2 x1900xt. fx60 running at 3.0ghz 2 dvd, and other bits and bobs

the problem ive got is this is the first time ive had a go of overclocking these cards, my scores are just off ccc overdrive, when i start clocking these up the amps are killing the system, found a calculater for working out what wattage i need and it said 710w, ive got a tagan 580w modular, because it come recommended, looked at the fsp 700w but couldnt find a 12v amp rating

also the tagan is 35w or 2x20, but when running 3d test on ati tool it goes up to 48amp which is to much for the psu.

so i thought what about another psu for it, ive got my EZCOOL 550w power supply, ive got room to put that in and can connect all my other stuff up(fans, hard drive, 2xdvd) and let the tagan deal with the motherboard, chip and gfx cards, the only problem is, how do you turn the EZCOOL on, as it normally recieves the info from the board to turn on.

any ideas on this would be appicated

thanks

lee

Associate
you can do some self wiring to make the two psus come on together or some places might still do an adapter that does the same thing with out the need for fidling with wires.

ocuk used to do em its where i got mine, and ironically sued it once and never again :D

Back
Top Bottom