2 Quick Questions

Ok got 2 quick questions i'd very much apperciate if i oculd get an answer asap.

First is that using the following system will i be able to use dual monitor and what options does this give me. For instance, i have a CRT (which IMO is rubbish, its old and just basically is my monitor until i can afford to buy a new one, hopefully in next 3 months or so) and will be getting my mums new TFT monitor which is a replacement from the garuntee of her broken CRT monitor, which again isn't too good, especially for gaming, which is what i bought the system mainly for. I would like to know is it possible to have both a TFT and CRT monitor on my system and use the TFT for everything except gaming, e.g. using word etc, online, msn etc etc, and then use just the CRT for gaming as CRT's obviously dont have ghosting and the TFT id be using defiently will. Would having 2 monitors make my system much slower? if so can i make the TFT not use any resources (bascially becomes unusable) when im playing games?

What other things do dual-monitor offer. I am new to this so id just like to find out what beneits i gain from this. Think there was something else but cant remeber :S will post if i do. thanks in advance

hehe forgot to put my specs, here they are lol:
ATI x1900 xtx graphics card
AMD X2 4400 CPU
2GB DDR corsair 3200 xms RAM (i think timings of 2/3/2/6)
Enermax Liberty 620W
dont know anything that would be important

Last edited:
Soldato
dual monitors greatly increase the amount of work space. you should be able to run them with no trouble what so ever. i have a 7800GTX 256MB and run say CS:Source and have the other monitor showing whats going on with MSN and what have you. you can set it so that its like one big monitor, or two seperate monitors. you can have one with the desktop on etc and the other can just be extra work area.

as for the compatibility issues with using a CRT and a TFT, i believe it would be fine. but you may as well try :)

Soldato
OP
naffa said:
dual monitors greatly increase the amount of work space. you should be able to run them with no trouble what so ever. i have a 7800GTX 256MB and run say CS:Source and have the other monitor showing whats going on with MSN and what have you. you can set it so that its like one big monitor, or two seperate monitors. you can have one with the desktop on etc and the other can just be extra work area.

as for the compatibility issues with using a CRT and a TFT, i believe it would be fine. but you may as well try :)

thanks a lot, they helped me considerably on what i needed to know.

Associate
Yep i can run an TFT and an CRT off my 7800GTX but dont do it as both those monitors are pretty crap so just use the 20.1" i have.

Back
Top Bottom