2 Things I Want....

Soldato
Ok 2 things i want but no idea what to get

1) I want a freeview PCI card from my pc, it needs to be Media center compatable and if possible come with a Media Center remote.... any suggestions please?

2) Good cooling for my X2 4800+ It will have stock cooler on when i get it, so i want a good cooler that will allow overclocking but that is relativly quiet...

Im looking at the Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1300 Media Centre Edition Freeview TV Tuner (GX-026-HA) ..... but at £76 it makes me think :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: To be fair :eek:

Is that the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR) ?

jcb33 said:
Im looking at the Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1300 Media Centre Edition Freeview TV Tuner (GX-026-HA) ..... but at £76 it makes me think :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: To be fair :eek:

Is that the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) (FG-000-AR) ?

Yea, that the cooler, should be about £18.50ish inc. Sorry I don't know anything about the other item so I can't help on that one. I haven't got into media pc's just yet.

Monstermunch said:
Yea, that the cooler, should be about £18.50ish inc. Sorry I don't know anything about the other item so I can't help on that one. I haven't got into media pc's just yet.
NP.... how much better than the OEM Cooler will that be.... and in comparison to an SLK-900u..... even though that wont fit a 64

jcb33 said:
NP.... how much better than the OEM Cooler will that be.... and in comparison to an SLK-900u..... even though that wont fit a 64

IMO the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro is the best cooler available up to around £30 and will give you a considerable edge over stock in the overclocking dept. As for the comparison I don't know much about the SLK i'm afraid.

Better cooling systems would be either Phase or Water (obviously) or a large heatsink like the Thermalright SI-120 and a seperate 120mm fan on a bracket.

Monstermunch said:
IMO the Arctic Freezer 64 Pro is the best cooler available up to around £30 and will give you a considerable edge over stock in the overclocking dept. As for the comparison I don't know much about the SLK i'm afraid.

Better cooling systems would be either Phase or Water (obviously) or a large heatsink like the Thermalright SI-120 and a seperate 120mm fan on a bracket.
Nah not gutting it just want something simple..... want to be able to slot the stock cooler off and the new one on.... that way if anything goes wrong and i have to send it back to the maker i wont have to remove the mobo to put the old heatsink back on

You shouldn't need to take out the mobo, but that really depends on how accessable the CPU is in the case you have. Most are accessable enough to be changed without removal.

Yes it is just a clip on but you'll still need some Arctic Silver or something to act as the compound between the Heatsink and the CPU

Monstermunch said:
You shouldn't need to take out the mobo, but that really depends on how accessable the CPU is in the case you have. Most are accessable enough to be changed without removal.

Yes it is just a clip on but you'll still need some Arctic Silver or something to act as the compound between the Heatsink and the CPU

afaik, the artic freezer 64 comes with pre applied paste, altho i used as5 instead :p

Tom|Nbk said:
afaik, the artic freezer 64 comes with pre applied paste, altho i used as5 instead :p

Most of the compounds around are a bit pap IMO, AS5 is good. Just re-seated my gpu hsf. I was getting artifacts at stock speeds of 378 core and 676 mem on a 9800pro. Re-seated with as5 and now getting 425 core and 790 mem. Shows how much difference it makes!

The Freezer pro comes with EXCELLENT thermal paste ( in fact I'm pretty sure it was a Freezer pro review I saw where it performed better with the supplied paste than the AS5 ).

Monstermunch said:

Ah i have some AS5.... just wanted to make sure it was not like the SLK where u have to put a plate underneth the cpu bit of the mobo

If you're prepared to pay a little more you may want to consider the Thermaltake Big Typhoon or an XP/SI-120 by Thermalright(paired with a decent 120mm fan). Excellent performers and nearly silent solutions.

xirokx said:
I thought the zalman 9500 was a lot better than the arctic hmmm??

It is a bit better for socket 775 but they don't fit 939 very securely so the cooling is worse/only on par.

The arctic freezer 64 pro comes with MX1 paste pre applied that matchs AS5

Back
Top Bottom