£2000-3000 UK 4K Video Editing Build Wanted

Associate
Looking to build a 4k video editing pc with monitor/s, will be used with adobe products

what i want

intel, nvidia, m.2 drive or slot for future upgrade, one big curved monitor/ or 2 reasonable monitors

i tried looking on other sites but the motherboard was incompatible with updates or something i find it a bit confusing so u thought to ask here for some help.

thanks

edit: is was recommended the Ryzen 1700 is that better than intel for video editing?

Last edited:
im sure some cheaper priced stuff could be used if better value.

intel build.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £2,935.77
(includes shipping: £15.90)

ryzen build.

Total: £2,784.81
(includes shipping: £15.90)

32gb to 64gb is a pretty big must for most editing out there and while you could get the 1800x, theres no point as the 1700 has the same cores and thread and overclocks basicslly the same.

dont know how big a screen you wanted, but this is a beast of a monitor and you have the budget for it, though while its big, its curved as you wanted and it will compliment the 1080ti, it doesnt appear to be 4k so not sure how that would play well for the footage?

::edit::

to have a 4k screen aswell as being a big curved one, this seems the be the only option? there are nicer looking/better curved ones for similar price, but they not 4k and this is how the price looks.

Total: £2,462.01
(includes shipping: £23.10)

Last edited:
Exomale - Pretty dope builds but I'm not sure about the motherboard. After doing some research I think I'm going to go for the ryzen cpu 1700x. And as for the monitor that philips monitor looks great as its 4k but how good is phillips in monitors? Can't seem to find any reviews on the site. i probally like to go for 64gb memory aswell.

stulid - i think ill be using the monitor with a ps4 and some light pc gaming is 4ms that bad? what monitor do you recommend.

thanks for your help so far

Exomale - Pretty dope builds but I'm not sure about the motherboard. After doing some research I think I'm going to go for the ryzen cpu 1700x. And as for the monitor that philips monitor looks great as its 4k but how good is phillips in monitors? Can't seem to find any reviews on the site. i probally like to go for 64gb memory aswell.

stulid - i think ill be using the monitor with a ps4 and some light pc gaming is 4ms that bad? what monitor do you recommend.

thanks for your help so far

for the ryzen build? it be a good board, im not sure best spent, i chose it to work with the budget and what i was looking at because i was factoring in a monitor(same rule applied for the intel build), i know Phillips tvs are pretty decent, never had a monitor, but as i said it was the only 4k screen that was curved, that higher priced gaming one be much better, but obviously not 4k and the main reason i put the 1080ti in there as i didnt remove it from the basket prior to seeing this thread, same with the power supply, case and hard drives, plus if you can afford it then why not, however if you dont need it then get a 1060 or just scrap the gaming gpu all together and get a quadro or amd firepro? they are designed for work stuff like this to most extents, so if you plan on no pc gaming then it makes sense more so if it will do a better job than a gaming type, however you want 4k quality and the 1080ti is meant to be the expert at that, so maybe 1070 if nothing else..

if you spend less you could get 64gb ram easy, it depends on the speed when it comes to the prices.

i specced within budget, its the monitor section that stings you the most more than a 4k capable graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom