£2000 (ish) To go on a new rig :).

Associate
I haven't been keeping up with computers and the various advances for the last year or so, so I was wondering if anyone could help me with figuring out a decent rig for about £2000.

This includes a monitor and a case (I am leaving my old setup at home for my sister to use :)). I would like a Lian-Li PC-60 as I have seen a couple of these and they are very nice and some water cooling to go along with it (I'm not fussed if it is just a standard kit, I must admit I know hardly anything about it but am interested in it because it is quiet, overclocking isn't vital but I wouldn't mind :)). Other than that... go mad :D.

Oh and it's mostly going to be for gaming and maybe some folding as well :).

Associate
OP
I must admit the main reason for wanting water cooling is because I have been looking at the watercooled pc gallery and they look cool :). That and they are quieter :D. Tah btw!

Associate
OP
Just a quick question about the two graphics cards (this is one of the things I don't understand) don't they have to be the same for SLI or does it not make a difference?

Associate
OP
I do have a Dell 1905FP but it is on its way out now, it has green lines that run down it vertically which is a shame :(.

I hadn't considered a vapochill unit though and I wouldn't be getting my nice Lian-Li case... but how much can you overclock by with one of those things. Wouldn't I loose out by loosing the dual gfx cards?

Think I will stick with the Lian-Li. I'm vain :D.

Back
Top Bottom