2007WFP owners, DVI or VGA differences?

Man of Honour
Just a quick survey, are you using VGA or DVI ? I've tried both but cannot seem to notice any differences at all ? in fact the DVI one has a very slight amount of banding (this is normal on almost all and visible if you look for it) but the VGA has zero banding at all. Colour/Sharpness and clarity is the same awesome level from what I can examining both side by side (Picture in picture rocks!).

My dads Samsung 940BW by comparison has craploads of banding using VGA...heh

Associate
for me, no banding whatsoever in either mode. I'm so happy with this monitor, I nearly went for 2407 based on this forum, but couldn't justify the extra readies. I'm using an old Hitachi 20" as a second monitor but will probably bump this to a new 2007WFP in the new year, best value for money imo.

Man of Honour
I noticed some slight improvement in image sharpness when using DVI as opposed to VGA. As you've experienced, VGA is a bit better on the banding front though in some cases. Even on the old A00 revision, VGA was much better in this regard

Man of Honour
OP
Rob43 said:
Just run the test & i think i can see what you mean now mate,don't notice it in day to day use though

Cool, it's defo nowhere near the levels of banding people had on rev A00 and A01 that had pics posted on various boards but this is acceptable I would say :)

Back
Top Bottom