2007WFP users

Permabanned
just wondering what are the best settings for this monitor via the osd?

my other benq had several modes all changing colour and im wondering if the dell has any and which are best for games and movies.

i would like to get the best from it as i will have one to sample in a few days hopefully and want to quickly set it up and make up my mind if i shall keep it.

Soldato
It's actually best to leave the screen in desktop mode IMO. If you put it in multimedia or gaming modes it enables the faroudja chip, which does several unpleasant things. Firstly it causes banding on colour gradients. And 2nd it performs image processing on the fly to brighten up darker scenes. However you can see the screen flicker around once a second as it does this and it's not nice IMO.

Other settings, use DVI of course, and 1680*1050 @ 60 Hz, and brightness/contrast both on 50 seems perfect to me. If you find it a bit bright then turn the brightness down until you get used to the screen, which takes a few weeks I reckon.

Enjoy :)

Permabanned
OP
well i have it setup and usual lcd stuff crops up.

i wish i could adjust the sharpness as i find almost everything pixelated like i have no AA especially in medieval II i dont notice it that much in fps games.

the funny thing is i can adjust it during the lost planet stress test but nothing else.

currently in multimedia mode brightness at 20 maybe its my eyes from the crt and me liking over saturated colours but its looking a lot better default for games was so so washed out and ugly :/

Associate
I too find this on my Viewsonic vx922 but not on my 2007wfp which is what U didnt want to hear :(

I've got mine set at default on the desktop setting at full res, maybe its the game settings as u clearly stated & its always best to run the game in *** correct res for the monitor. I find if I run CSS at a lower res is blocky but at the monitors max its great.

Soldato
Doesnt the Dell have a sorta preset defined settings?

My Samsung 22inch has a lovely feature called Custom(ive set brightness/contrast to like 20/20) and then gaming/movie mode etc etc

I would hate to spend £450 on a Dell TFT if it didnt have the ability to set Customized brightness/contrast/colour settings !

Permabanned
OP
yea u can adjust all the kinds of usual stuff in the options and i think it does have a auto adjust but by do u mean by auto adjust? via dvi most isnt available like sharpness which is a big gripe!

gets very pixelated especially in rts games even at 16XQ AA

Soldato
It does have some presets yep, desktop, gaming and multimedia modes. Unfortunately the gaming and multimedia modes both use the faroudja chip which introduces banding and makes the screen flicker every second or so due to the brightness being auto-adjusted. I don't use those modes at all and leave mine in desktop mode. The presets aren't even easy to change, it's about 10 buttons presses :rolleyes:

It has auto-adjust if you mean the controls to auto align an analogue signal with the edges of the screen (disabled when using DVI of course).

I've had a few screens in the past with brightness presets and TBH I don't find myself missing those controls on the Dell. If I need something brighter for gaming, I use the in-game brightness settings.

Back
Top Bottom