Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 80 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Mods can we please have our own election with a poll closing tomorrow at midnight with the following choices:

Liberal Democrat
Labour
Conservative
BNP
Green Party
UK Independence Party
Scottish National Party
Plaid Cymru
DUP
UUP
Sinn Fein
SDLP
Other
Abstain

Can the other two polls and threads now be closed?

The electioneering is now over.

This thread is for you to cast your vote, tell us how you voted and to discuss the general election result.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still undecided for me, Alliance probably.

I'll be at the Electoral Count tomorrow night. 9pm-1am, paid a minimum of £150 and £25 every hour/part hour after that. Must count as slow as possible :D

Soldato
Im still undecided on who to vote for. I think it's between SNP and LibDem but then i was in town today and saw an SNP car shouting things with a loudspeaker, the driver of the car threw his empty cigarette packet out into the street. That annoyed me a bit and i dont think im going to vote for them now. (I'm so petty :p)

OT: how does betting on it work? I thought you couldnt bet on anything in which you have a direct influence on the result?

Soldato
I'm not no, I did give it some thought about voting by proxy or postal vote but then I figured that as an ex-pat it didn't feel right voting in the UK elections, however minimal my own personal influence might be, when it wouldn't directly affect me.

And also I can't vote in either federal, state or local elections until I'm a US citizen, so I'm currently (albeit partially self-inflicted) thoroughly disenfranchised :p

I think I'll get myself to the local British bar :)D) from about 4pm onwards, as that's midnight UK time so should get an interesting few hours of seeing the results unfold :p

*edit* Maybe make that 3pm to get the Sunderland results :D I think it could be an entertaining evening :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I just got my polling card today, Unfortunatly im in Seoul Korea so its not going to do me much good. I would have tried to organise a proxy or postal vote but tis too late now.

As an expat i feel very right voting in UK elections, I'm still paying them tax and I still have a home there so I guess maybe thats the diffrence.

However when i was in southern Ireland I refussed to vote in an election over there because it didnt feel right. I was only there 18 months and I wasnt my country as such.

Soldato
As an expat i feel very right voting in UK elections, I'm still paying them tax and I still have a home there so I guess maybe thats the diffrence.
Yeah I think I'd be the same, I'm no longer paying any taxes and don't have any financial ties to the UK or intend to come back other than as a visitor (at least for the foreseeable future!)

Haha absolutely, I'll toast the back of her too :p Sadly crazy Harman is in a safe seat but can hope :p

Soldato
Just got back from voting poll. Damn my city doesnt have lib deb for local election so had to vote labour as i aint voting for conservatives or bnp. For general election i went with lib dem.

Soldato
Not voting myself, never have done, never will.

Cannot have a say in the matter other than is labour gets in, they will invariable rape the the middle class some more whilst sustaining the dole scrounging benefit thieves just to keep you going to those jobs.

If the conservatives get in, they will find something else to sell to fill the countries deficit.

Libdems get in, will be new labour as it was 14 years ago, starts off good, but then the good intentions will lead to tax rises and ensuring that the middle classes fund their incompetence and cocks ups in years to come.

Happy voting.

Back
Top Bottom