2011 Census soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
OP
becuase without knowing make up, traits, density and many many other aspects it is impossible to plan for the future.

Elections tells governments roughly which policys/directions we want. Census is like a stock take and gives them the info to plan and make changes.
Without having had a look at the 2011 census yet, I don't know what questions it includes and I don't have any problem with it being used to to plan for the future based on an understanding of the make-up of society.

However, I do have a real problem with the data being sold off to assist marketers or used in any other way not previously notified to the suckers who complete it . . . OK? :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Good to see so many people trying to make a mockery of the census by filling in dummy information. Hopefully in a hundred years or so when your great-great-great-great-grandchildren are doing some family history they'll find your information and think 'what a complete tit my great-great-great-great-grandfather must have been' :p

Soldato
Didn't really bother with the last one back in 2001, I probably just put it aside to do later then forgot about it until in a random clean up it ended up in the bin. Someone came around a while later to ask me for it as they had not received it, I said I had sent it off and she wrote something on her clipboard and went away. Never heard anything again.

I'll probably make an effort to try and remember to fill it out, at some point. But what is most likely to happen is that either myself or my house-mate will get annoyed with it being sat on the side and chuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom