2011 Census soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm a bit confused here tbh.

I'm not a British passport holder, but I live in the UK for the majority of the year. I am currently away from the UK and will not be returning for some time. Am I likely to have received the form?

Man of Honour

I'm not a British passport holder, but I live in the UK for the majority of the year. I am currently away from the UK and will not be returning for some time. Am I likely to have received the form?

You do not need to fill the census out - do not worry about it. It's only filled out by people in the house on the date.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18619014 said:
You do not need to fill the census out - do not worry about it. It's only filled out by people in the house on the date.

Ok cheers, much appreciated. Although, there is not going to be anyone in my residence for the duration of my absence.

Man of Honour
It's so important and useful that they will not be doing it again ;)

Could be.

There is going to be a review to see if there is an easier /alternative way to collect information. Probably so they can have real time info, not once every decade.

All in all silly statement.

Associate
Given the response in quite a lot of the posts there is going to a large number of people in 2111 who are going to think their great grand parents were a bit weird or a total Wazzock. :D

alx

alx

Soldato
Being asked to fill out a census form is ok, being threatend with a cash fine is not OK..

If I live is one of the great democracys of the world then surely it's up to me wether i fill out a form thats asking general personal questions.

Being told i'll get fined cash if I don't realy gets me in a "Flame on" state of mind :mad:

---------------------
Just had a gander on the Census page in the FAQ -

Worse than i orignaly thought if you don't fill it in, talk about rubbing salt in an already open wound :(

Because if they didn't threaten people with a fine then a lot of people wouldn't fill in the Census. And if most people don't fill it in, then the data starts to become meaningless or of reduced use.

If you're going to do a Census, you might as well try and force people to fill it out properly.

Soldato

Don't you have some Norwegian census to fill out? :p

We had a census turn up in work today, didn't get a chance to have a look at it.. Mine hasn't turned up at home yet! :(

Soldato
If you're going to do a Census, you might as well try and force people to fill it out properly.

Stuff the fines - its the patronising busybodies that will come knocking on your door to force you to fill the form in that you want to watch out for...

Personally dont see what the big deal is - none of the questions are particularly intrusive - maybe they should offer quidco or Nectar points for properly completed forms... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom