2012 Mazda 6 Venture thoughts

Associate
Afternoon. I may be going to look at this car in the next couple of days. The car has only covered just under 50K. There is some minor bodywork damage (scratches) and the passenger side read door window doesnt work or the passanger side mirror does not fold. The wheels are also in pretty bad condition. There is also no service history. The seller is asking £5k. I think its pretty steep for a private sale but they are putting this down to the model being "Rare" and obvioulsly the low mileage. I was thinking £4-£4.3k at a push with the way the market is at the moment?

Caporegime
There must be dozens of similar cars, get one that has bits that work. It sounds massively overpriced for what is basically a shed. There must be some out there with service history?

Soldato
Venture Edition cars are also enhanced by 17-inch gunmetal alloys, a sports front grille and privacy glass. There's a special range of colours to choose from, including: Brilliant Black, Crystal White Pearlescent, Black Mica and Stormy Blue Mica, as well as a unique colour for this version Dolphin Grey Mica.

Probably the biggest factor on these "rare" models is the addition of the alloy wheels... which as you've stated are in bad condition. So basically it is a Mazda 6 TS2 with tinted windows.

I've got no idea on the pricing of used cars in todays mental market but certainly don't be swayed by it being anything special.

Good to know that no service history doesn't make a difference to prices these days though! My wife insisted that I did the minor service on her Polo... which we are starting to think we may replace. I'd worried that I'd knocked a huge wedge off the value but if a tatty 2012 Mazda 6 is asking £5k... :cool:

Associate
OP
You can get a newer, higher spec and much better condition Mazda 6 for the same price.

Im only looking for a petrol model and decent example are very hard to come buy up here?

The running cost on that must be pretty high repairs wise?

Soldato
If you're gonna go Mazda 6, just get underneath and check the frame, subframes and everything underneath... not sure on that year but the earlier ones were appalling for rot... seen so many needing complete restores underneath etc so you want one that's in solid condition. Forget surface rust, I mean deep rust!!!

Permabanned
Check post 2 all you need to know and even that is being generous on the price

buy a 2k mondeo and be done with it
Save the rest on repairs as at this rate you will be getting your pants pulled down

Back
Top Bottom