2013/14 Pre-season Friendly Thread

Permabanned
Yeah I've only seen the second half and it's been awful.

Shinji Kagawa show was better than the football.

Caporegime
We've had chances, they just haven't gone in. Young had a few efforts, Kagawa had one, Januzaj had a couple. Just not clicked yet.
Very hot, a good run around against a team in their season.

Just realised in the 90th minute that Cleverley is still on the pitch.

fez

fez

Caporegime
We've had chances, they just haven't gone in. Young had a few efforts, Kagawa had one, Januzaj had a couple. Just not clicked yet.
Very hot, a good run around against a team in their season.

Just realised in the 90th minute that Cleverley is still on the pitch.

Hmm, I don't quite see the point in playing so many players together than will never be seeing each other. I know you want to see them play but a lot of football is understanding and communication between players. This has been one of our issues over the past few years that we never seem to have a set first XI that you see most weeks.

We know what Giggs is like. He has been at the club 20 odd years. I don't mind Welbeck but he keeps getting far more game time than he should.

fez

fez

Caporegime
These games don't matter at all but you should be using them to prepare the team for the coming season. Look at what the top teams in Europe do. Include the odd talented youngster in what is essentially a first XI. If they don't perform in the team that they would be trying to break into then what is the point. Giving them a chance to show their talent with 7 or so of the players around them unlikely to be there in the league seems a little pointless to me.

Caporegime
No it's not. The result is utterly irrelevant, we're out their to gain fitness and match sharpness. We've got a lot of players missing (some are slowly joining the tour) so we've hardly done badly so far.

Back
Top Bottom