2015 Yamaha R1 launched

Caporegime
the Italians are the best at designing,the japs are ok,they usually get it right but now and again the make an utter pigs ear of it

i think the h2 doesn't look to bad tbh,it looks futuristic,only gripe with the 2015 r1 is the headlights best r1 style was the 1999-02 far as i remember

best thing about a jap bike is it may not look pretty but it will last for years n years

2015 zx10r looks better http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2015-kawasaki-zx-6r-and-zx-10r-first-look

Last edited:
Associate
Going to be interesting when they get to roadtest the R1. It's a brave move for Yamaha with those headlamps/front end design. But fair play to them for making something that's dividing people's opinions, rather than a bland 'safe' design like the current GSXRs. I personally love it.

But... That RSV. Oh my.. :eek: (want)

spp

spp

Associate
I don't think it looks too bad. Although, in my opinion, the best looking R1 was the 2004 model, in blue. Maybe it's because I'd just started riding the year it was unveiled, but I'll never forget just how much I wanted one!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how all the litre bikes stack up in the road tests next year.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Quite like the RSV myself, the R1 is well a R1 it will go like stink, be reliable as stink and people will buy it in the bucketloads but at the end of the day its a R1 and damm fugly :)

Soldato
Liking the Yam and Honda lots.

Aprilia are having a good month. Not content with securing the 2014 WSB title, they've just launched the RSV4RR. 201 bhp and 180 kg (dry).

I think I just did a little sex wee.

Yep, I'll take one of these please :D

An RSV4 APRC is on my list of "must own" bikes, saw my first one in the flesh the other day, had an arrow pipe and oh my gawd... That noise. One of the best sounding engines ever IMO.

Last edited:
Associate
Surely not , but hey you never know :p

312fc6e.jpg

Soldato
It could be made out of unobtaniam and kryptonite for all it matters, they are not going to have that many takers at fifteen and a half grand.

Thats three and half grand more than the out going model for a marginal improvement.

Associate
yeah it looks really nice the new R1 ...thank they changed it so much.
Its too much money though :D I'll buy a seconhand one in few years if I can.
I did have a new R1 2010 and loved it.
The new bike is gonna be well loud without that cat

Back
Top Bottom