2017 MacBook Pro 13 Base model

Soldato
Hi all. Have just purchased the new MPB 13 as it was on sale in Argos for £1099. I had toyed with buying it at £1249 but I just thought for the 128gb version that was a bit steep, however for this price I bit!

I haven't actually opened it yet as I am still not 100% whether I want to keep it or not. I currently have the 2014 128gb MBP and it's a great machine although I damaged the screen slightly so it's been bugging me for a while.

Has anyone else made the jump from '14 to '17 and have they noticed a significant improvement? In an ideal world you would get the 256gb I guess for the extra SSD speed but storage wise 128gb has always been plenty for me, I still have 60gb free on my 2014 model.

Main uses are photoshop/lightroom as well as the usual web browsing and videos etc.

Soldato
OP
Ooh, out of interest how much did the screen repair cost? I already had a screen replaced due to staingate but then somewhere along the line I managed to damage the second one :(

Soldato
OP
Yeah the SD card slot would be a loss but not a total one. I have an SD/USB card reader as my desktop pc doesn't have a card reader so I can get by with that anyway.
I have had a play with one in my local Currys but it would be great if they had a 14 or a 15 beside it to compare. I have heard in comparison the screen is excellent which I think I'll enjoy the most, I do like the big trackpad too, I've read it's supposed to make Photoshop/lightroom easier to use but maybe that's wishful thinking.

Soldato
OP
I got an offer for my 2014 and decided to move it on in the end, typing this on my 2017 now :D. I see it's now back up to £1249 in Argos again although it's available for same price in currys but with £100 cash back. Interestingly the 256gb is available with £150 cash back making it effectively £1300.

Anyhoo, really enjoying the 2017 model and I got a 7in1 hub thingy from the rainforest for £29.99 and it seems to be working very well, including the HDMI out. I'm on 93gb free space still left so here's hoping that continues!

Back
Top Bottom