2018/19 Manager Merry-Go-Round

Soldato
Not sure where it went wrong with Puel, they beat City and Chelsea (back when the wheels hadn't totally fell off!) in December and drew with Liverpool but around those games they've lost to ones they should beat!

For me it's a bit of a tricky job to take on, what league position would satisfy Leicesters fans/owners now a days? They'll never win the league again nor probably make the top 4 but you kind of get the feeling they think they should be challenging up there.

Soldato
Leicester finally realised what Southampton did, despite some good looking on the surface stats, Puel is a negative toxic manager who will slowly but surely send the club backwards.

All Leicester need to do now is avoid picking a Pellegrino who has no idea how to reverse the rot Puel has started.

Soldato
Finally we've got rid of Puel.

His decline started way before the Chelsea and Citeh wins, they just prolonged our agony.

I would be happy to have Rafa from the toon as our new manager.

As a Leicester fan we should be pushing for a Europa place and a decent cup run.

Caporegime
Think that’s poor form tbh

That said excited to see how Brendan does returning to the league, he reached the peak in Scotland so didn’t make sense hanging round past this season. (He’s not very good in Europe for whatever reason and Celtic are pretty poor on that scale also)

fez

fez

Caporegime
Celtic will never invest more money in their team because there is almost 0 point. The Scottish league is **** and they win it at a canter and they are nowhere near good enough to do anything in Europe. For the sake of perhaps doing a tiny bit better in Europe they would have to spend a huge amount of money that they would never see a return on.

Caporegime
Celtic will never invest more money in their team because there is almost 0 point. The Scottish league is **** and they win it at a canter and they are nowhere near good enough to do anything in Europe. For the sake of perhaps doing a tiny bit better in Europe they would have to spend a huge amount of money that they would never see a return on.
It’s hardly a rewarding environment for a relatively young, ambitious manager like Rodgers is it?

Associate
Not sure where it went wrong with Puel, they beat City and Chelsea (back when the wheels hadn't totally fell off!) in December and drew with Liverpool but around those games they've lost to ones they should beat!

For me it's a bit of a tricky job to take on, what league position would satisfy Leicesters fans/owners now a days? They'll never win the league again nor probably make the top 4 but you kind of get the feeling they think they should be challenging up there.
Heard this a lot, most of us will say top half finish and a good cup run is a great season for us. Puel did some good (bringing through the youth) but the performances against teams outside of the Top 6 were very poor and didn't reap the results. He's never adhered himself to the fans and frankly as a Puel out fan I'm glad he was sacked.

Very excited by Rodgers, nothing is set in stone with how he will perform but I've not been this excited by a managerial appointment for quite some time.

Man of Honour
And if I am not mistaken, Leicester play Man City in the penultimate game of the season. Could Rodgers deliver the title to Liverpool after all !

Soldato
celtic could have done a lot worse than bring Lennon back

good choice no cost to them as he's a free agent and he knows the club,

lot of people dont like him but he's a good manager and I think his time at hibs has done him the world of good

Back
Top Bottom