2018 Mac Mini to replace Windows Desktop Advice

Associate
OP
[EDIT] Sorry started to type then got distracted by lenses I can't afford. this will give you APFS access in Windows. I'll add that right now it doesn't work brilliantly in that performance seems a bit sporadic. It's also a bit of a PITA to remove. It will be fine though - the early ParagonHFS+ products were exactly the same. Early adoption type issues, then it just works.

Problems I'm having are that it kills performance of other drives on the same channel, and also seems to constantly give me issues with drive error checking at reboots - which I've been cancelling. Not sure I want windows error checking my APFS formatted drives.

Im not sure if I really want to buy a tool for windows to support, and how well would this work with installing steam games etc? Might it be better to just partition the external ssd into APFS for Mac and NTFS for Windows?

Associate
OP
Why not just upgrade your Windows machine or replace it with a better one?

Im fed up with using Windows as my main system to be honest and fancy a change, plus I live in a rented flat with other flat mates so space is a bit of a premium, especially if I move in the future so having something small and compact is a bonus. But I get your point completely and I understand I could make a great PC system for a lot less!

Back
Top Bottom