2019 NFL Season Thread

Associate
Were the desert folk on crack? :p

Redskins are so utterly awful I had £20 on Jets -6.5 @2/1 and thought that was the safest bet of the week.

HA! Probably were on crack! :D

Not sure how things work, betting wise, in the UK but here the line only serves to even out the money being bet. The books make a good living off the vig. I'm guessing that played a part.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Indeed.

The Mark Walton thing is bad, just shows how there's different rules for differing talent levels as Hill, by all accounts, done something similar and got a new contract for it :(

Soldato
The Mark Walton thing is bad, just shows how there's different rules for differing talent levels as Hill, by all accounts, done something similar and got a new contract for it :(

walton looks like he was an accident waiting to happen though:

The 22-year-old was arrested in January on a misdemeanor drug charge, in February for battery after allegedly fighting with a woman who was recording him on her cell phone and weeks later on felony charges of carrying a concealed weapon, marijuana possession and reckless driving,

Soldato
OP
First America football in 15 years today :p

It was only a light training session due to the weather but ran a few routes for the QB and played some 6 on 6 but spent all of that blinking blocking and running routes with no targets :p I did make the QB fumble though :D

It's a class team ethic and general community around an American football team, forgot how much I missed it. A lot of work for me to do mind forgotten a lot more than I remember.

Soldato

It was only a light training session due to the weather but ran a few routes for the QB and played some 6 on 6 but spent all of that blinking blocking and running routes with no targets :p I did make the QB fumble though :D

It's a class team ethic and general community around an American football team, forgot how much I missed it. A lot of work for me to do mind forgotten a lot more than I remember.

nice, hope ya have fun :D

Soldato
It's funny, I'd been wondering about trying again this year, as I've lost 6 stone over the last 8 months and I'm probably fitter than I've ever been when playing senior football before, and I managed to reach the level of captaining England in the state I was in then :p I stopped playing about 7 years ago after knee surgery though. A dodgy knee and a ruptured disc about 10 years back meant I couldn't play any more. Now I'm much lighter I've not really had so much trouble with my knee and back, even jogging now which I could never do before, it makes me wonder if I could cope with a bit of WR where there's less wear and tear on your body. Previously I played QB, HB and FS mainly.

Which team did you train with @No1newts?

Soldato
OP
Gateshead Senators up in the north east, great crowd. I watched the university game whilst there and it wasn't great quality, everything pretty much was a run though they had a lineman, number 65, who was about twice the size of every other poor sap on the field he was lead blocking and you could hear the crunch every time he destroyed someone, was hilarious.

On tonight's games, at least the Bengals may get a win, the Steelers fans will be gutted Rudolph didn't get banned, guy is a liability.

Associate

Could you explain the bolded to me.... lost in translation. :)

Glad you're playing, have fun!

Soldato
OP
"class" is a bit of a northern England thing which means very good.

So great team ethic and the spirit and the general community around it all with how upbeat it is and how much they help each other and keep a nice atmosphere is great.

An example when I was there I took my 8 year old son with me and they had him in the middle of every still, getting cheered by the entire team whenever he did the drills and they were just brilliant considering it was 30 men and one kid but they made it all about him. He now cannot wait to go back and hasn't stopped talking about all day :p

Associate
"class" is a bit of a northern England thing which means very good.

So great team ethic and the spirit and the general community around it all with how upbeat it is and how much they help each other and keep a nice atmosphere is great.

An example when I was there I took my 8 year old son with me and they had him in the middle of every still, getting cheered by the entire team whenever he did the drills and they were just brilliant considering it was 30 men and one kid but they made it all about him. He now cannot wait to go back and hasn't stopped talking about all day :p

Ahh... got it. Sounds fun.

Soldato
We should perhaps have a UK Am Football thread somewhere? :)

Gateshead Senators up in the north east, great crowd. I watched the university game whilst there and it wasn't great quality

I definitely played against the Uni team. 5 carries, 100+ yards and 3Td's, one of my better stat lines. I got taken off offence and went out at FS, 2 ints, one returned 70 yards for a score :)

Soldato
It's funny, I'd been wondering about trying again this year, as I've lost 6 stone over the last 8 months and I'm probably fitter than I've ever been when playing senior football before, and I managed to reach the level of captaining England in the state I was in then :p I stopped playing about 7 years ago after knee surgery though. A dodgy knee and a ruptured disc about 10 years back meant I couldn't play any more. Now I'm much lighter I've not really had so much trouble with my knee and back, even jogging now which I could never do before, it makes me wonder if I could cope with a bit of WR where there's less wear and tear on your body. Previously I played QB, HB and FS mainly.

Which team did you train with @No1newts?

maybe get a check up from a decent doc ?

even if you can't get that no reason you can't at least check it out, would imagine any work outs will let you know how it feels.

Soldato
OP
We should perhaps have a UK Am Football thread somewhere? :)

I definitely played against the Uni team. 5 carries, 100+ yards and 3Td's, one of my better stat lines. I got taken off offence and went out at FS, 2 ints, one returned 70 yards for a score :)

It was Sunderland uni, they were not very good. Coach who does both Senators and the Uni team wasn't best pleased :p

So glad I took Prescott out of my fantasy team and put in Carr :o that may well lose me the game this week.

Back
Top Bottom