2019 NFL Season Thread

Associate
The financial arrangements are a lot better this time. Apparently they have enough backing for a guaranteed three seasons.

Well, TBH, I don't consider 3 seasons a 'long time'. But your point is taken.

The biggest issue here is that there really isn't a 'craving' for more football on a large scale. The NFL is #1 among sports here. But when it's over we move on to Basketball, Hockey and then Baseball. Which allows us to 'miss' football and be ready for the next season. (same with the other 3 sports).

We're used to an off-season, it's all we've ever known. One sport ends and you move on to the next. I realize things are different in Europe, especially with soccer, but that's how it is here.

This is the fourth iteration of 'spring football' in the US. USFL, XFL 1.0, AAF, XFL 2.0. So far, none have survived long and I don't expect it will be different this time. :shurg:

ETA: Not to mention that the product is subpar at best.

Soldato
OP
I find it crazy that by Monday Brady could be heading to free agency, I'm half expecting a deal to be done somehow just because I can't imagine him a free agent.

Crazy stuff.

Soldato
OP
Hopkins to Cardinals?!?!?!

WTF are the Texans about? Put themselves win now position by giving away their first round picks then start giving away their players for low round picks?!?!?

Absolutely baffling but the Cards can now invest in O line and D and improve faster than they could have.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Hopkins to Cardinals?!?!?!

WTF are the Texans about? Put themselves win now position by giving away their first round picks then start giving away their players for low round picks?!?!?

Absolutely baffling but the Cards can now invest in O line and D and improve faster than they could have.
WTF :confused:

Colts talking to Rivers too.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Brady definitely leaving the Pats.

Teddy Bridgewater going to the Panthers. Cam Newton told to find a new team (Chicago pleeeeeeeeease).

Big changes.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Bears sign Robert Quinn.

Quinn. Mack. Hicks.

Looks like it’s a case of ‘if our QB can’t string 2 passes together then we’re going to make sure yours won’t either’.

Associate
Bears sign Robert Quinn.

Quinn. Mack. Hicks.

Looks like it’s a case of ‘if our QB can’t string 2 passes together then we’re going to make sure yours won’t either’.

Don't forget Smith (assuming he's over those personal issues). Anyway Foles in for a 4th rd pick with the Jags having to take the hit on dead cap money.

Feel a bit more positive about the Bears now. Any QB is an upgrade on Trubisky.

Soldato
OP
I thought the Bears would have went for Dalton. He's a good QB with a good team round him (which the Bengals rarely were) and I thought he would have done well with them.

I don't think Foles is much better than Trubisky.

Back
Top Bottom