2020 biking plans and ambitions

Soldato
I don't think we've had one of these threads yet. This was last year's - did you get everything that you wanted out of 2019?! https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ing-and-where-are-you-going-in-2019.18839317/

Anyway, what are everyone's plans for 2020?

Myself, I keep flirting with changing bike. The XR is still great, but I'd like something more nimble. The KTM 790 is fantastic but doesn't compare in power terms, so I'm really interested to see how they develop the newly announced 890. The new S1000XR saves weight, adds better suspension, LED lights and TFT dash but I personally find it aesthetically challenging. I'm not sure that I can buy a new one, but might consider a well-priced pre-owned. I need to ride it.

On trips, 2020 is going to be a really busy and hopefully great year. We've got a 9 day trip planned to Austria, Switzerland and Italy in August, and then I'm going back to the Picos with Teapot One in September after a cracking trip on the same route this year. Hopefully there'll be a couple of long weekends early in the year as well.

What's everyone planning?

Soldato
OP
Just finished planning our Euro trip and booking all the accommodation possible. After some negotiation with wives it has expanded to 11 days ( :D ) and 4,200 km plus whatever we do on some rest days. We're going to try and do a couple of days of wild camping somewhere high in the Alps, and have managed to find a cheap yurt to stay in right at the base of Susten Pass in Switzerland. Roll on summer!

Soldato
OP
Organised and booked up a little long weekend up to the Lake District towards the end of April. That's three trips away now - I think my wife has patience for just about one more :)

Conscious that I'm quoting myself, but this post did not age well. It seems highly improbably that it'll be possible, so I've just cancelled the accommodation. We can always camp if by some miracle the travel restrictions are lifted.

Now looking very nervously at the end of July...

Soldato
OP
We spent the last month swearing blind that we were going to do the NC500 and, having a very narrow window, were gambling that Scotland would be opened up before our departure date of 18 July. It was, so... we've just rebooked and are going to Switzerland :) Camping on Susten Pass. Let's try and salvage something out of this year.

Back
Top Bottom