2021 Monitors

Associate
Will this be the year that we will be able to purchase monitors which cover my needs for both PC and console gaming?

I am personally wanting a 32" 4k 144Hz HDMI 2.1 Monitor. This will cover me for both PC and PS5 gaming.

I read somewhere that LG are releasing a 27@ 2.1 monitor (27GP950) which appears to be pretty much the same as the 27GN950 but with HDMI 2.1

Permabanned
Samsung Odyssey G8 (I will need change my name) with a Hardware G-Sync Module that would hopefully fix the issues. ;)

Soldato
Yes it will be the year :)

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/asus-rog-swift-pg32uq-with-32-ips-panel-4k-144hz-and-hdmi-2-1/

the LG you mention is 27” and yes it’s just an HDMI 2.1 update of the existing 27GN950 which is very good
With the way things are going we propably have to wait literally that year to get those into shops...

I mean has Asus still released that what ever precise model number was 120Hz 32" FALD model they paper announced almost year and half ago?
Also Viewsonic XG320U likely using same AUO panel as PQ32UG has been already pushed to summer.

And LG's availability has been competing with new graphics cards in how bad it is.
Plus even if LG adds HDMI 2.1 to avoid need for DSC, it doesn't deliver fully in one detail:
Despite of all marketing BS DCI-P3 gamut ain't such wide after AdobeRGB Dell U3014...

Permabanned
I want VA not IPS and no LCD panel is worth 2k no matter what features it has but I forget about the Asus Rog tax.

Associate
Here's waiting for G75 - 4K version with 1000 HDR!
That one will be a frikking beast. Lets just hope Samsung will do a hell of a better job with working VRR tho!
Or even better to relase a G8, as JohnG7 said. Would love it to have a dedicated g-sync module. But then; with 1000 nits HDR, probably would cost way way to much. So I would easy settle the g-sync version with 600 nits HDR. that + less curvature - make it happen Samsung!

Associate
Right now seems a terrible time to buy a monitor. Brexit/Covid/Working from home is the cause of a general lack of stock?

Also you only seem to be able to pick 2/3 features at a reason price (size/res/refresh). If you want all 3 the price goes up astronomically.

Caporegime
I read it was expected £2000 cant remember where one of the tech sites previewing it.

$2599 I have seen mentioned for it so £2600 in the UK.

And honest to go, so long as you can put up with 42", you will be better off buying the albeit only 120Hz, LG OLED 42" and saving over a £1000 or use the difference to buy a 3090 or 4090 to give your new screen justice.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
$2599 I have seen mentioned for it so £2600 in the UK.

And honest to go, so long as you can put up with 42", you will be better off buying the albeit only 120Hz, LG OLED 42" and saving over a £1000 or use the difference to buy a 3090 or 4090 to give your new screen justice.
Wow. Starting to thiink that I should have just gone with a 27" 1440p monitor. Issue I had was that I already had 1 32" Samsung Qled which I use for PS and don't have the space for that and another monitor on my desk :(

Associate
Yeah sadly the monitor market is a mess, sice long way back. I tho will never buy an OLED to use as a monitor. Would constantly worrying about burn in!

Hell I have CX48 right now at home for loan. As I was forced to send back my Q70T, to get replaced as it had extreme backlight bleed. Cant wait for the new one to arrive, and send back this POS OLED. Tested 3 C9's before and even CX 55 inch. Hated them all. Extreme OLED banding and all flicker as hell with g-sync
None flicker at all on the Q70T and I just love the picture. Blacks are deep as that high native contrast. No worthless FALD in it = no blooming. Just to get an even panel will make me super happy. And it will serve me well untill MicroLED comes out later this year. I know TCL do it now. But Of course dont care about them = no HDMI 2.1!

So yeah. Give me a good MicroLED on both Tv and monitor and im set. Will never look at that OLED again, thats for sure!

Back
Top Bottom