2024 Summer F1 Break thread!

Oh ok. I just remember Riciardo talking to Sainz about how weird/tough the McLaren was to drive and Sainz was like yeah, sorry, I should’ve mentioned that. :D

Perez staying at RBR is the best news McLaren Ferrari and Mercedes could receive. Hopefully a couple more race wins for Hamilton. I personally think he should only regret the move if Mercedes are the best team in 2026, if not all good. Collect the cheques if not another WDC.

I cannot believe perez is staying with RBR.

Probably biggest shock of the season for me.
Is there anyone rational (ie not a perez fanboi) who thinks this is a great idea?

I can't wrap my head around it. I really hope this costs them the WCC at the least.

Blown away! It was surprising enough to see him given a 2 year contract. But this takes the biscuit

On plus side.. This is an absolute gift to the top 3 teams. Who will stop have better line ups of drivers next year. (pending merc 2nd driver)

Last edited:
I cannot believe perez is staying with RBR.

Probably biggest shock of the season for me.
Is there anyone rational (ie not a perez fanboi) who thinks this is a great idea?

I can't wrap my head around it. I really hope this costs them the WCC at the least.

Blown away! It was surprising enough to see him given a 2 year contract. But this takes the biscuit

On plus side.. This is an absolute gift to the top 3 teams. Who will stop have better line ups of drivers next year. (pending merc 2nd driver)

They probably make more from him staying and finishing 2nd in the WCC than him going and winning it?

only thing that can make sense.

Last edited:
They probably make more from him staying and finishing 2nd in the WCC than him going and winning it?

only thing that can make sense.
Must be something. Maybe the contract is water tight, maybe he has something on them, maybe something dodgy is going on.

I hate conspiracies usually. But this makes no sense. I thought RBR didn't really need to think that way financially. Maybe they do.

What you're saying makes no sense. The drivers salaries are outside of cost cap and sponsorships etc don't offset anything to do with in cap spend either in terms of the regulations, just generate revenue.

Red Bull is a multi-billion dollar company, finance clearly isn't its concern. That doesn't make the decision any less strange though, I think we all agree on that.

Perez is the subject of the soon to be released Disney+ documentary series (release penned for 31st of July)
The rumour is that Disney+ put some pressure on Liberty Media to keep Perez in the sport (to protect their investment), who have in turn allegedly then put some pressure on RB to keep Perez in the seat for now.

This is a rumour, and should be treated as such... However, it is.... compelling....

IF it is true, does this essentially mean RB have a couple of "joker" cards to play before the end of the season :D

Last edited:
Perez is the subject of the soon to be released Disney+ documentary series (release penned for 31st of July)
The rumour is that Disney+ put some pressure on Liberty Media to keep Perez in the sport (to protect their investment), who have in turn allegedly then put some pressure on RB to keep Perez in the seat for now.

This is a rumour, and should be treated as such... However, it is.... compelling....

IF it is true, does this essentially mean RB have a couple of "joker" cards to play before the end of the season :D
That will be a riveting watch.. lol!

They don't call it the F1 circus for nothing. Almost nothing is a surprise now with Redbull/Liberty. Money talks.

So does gossip it seems..
Worst/best bit about it is, half the user's who act all high and mighty, typically support a team who has undertaken equal levels of stupidity/entitlement/nonsense in the sport.

Last edited:
So does gossip it seems..
I will bite :D
Do you think the Perez situation is bizarre, given how Marko has been talking, the situation with Danny Ric, Horner talking about performance, and Perez's position, the "monday" where they were going to decide, etc, and then they U-turn totally?

Can you see how this sort of daftness is causing people to question what is going on behind the scenes?

Especially given how senior people at liberty media behaved with the Andretti situation, is it not plausible they are dabbling with the "sport" elsewhere?

Last edited:
The rumours and gossip about Perez's future are completely fair game. It is the summer break thread... kind of about rumours and silly season. It's ok to be offended about rumours, we may just laugh at you though.

Back
Top Bottom