2024 Summer F1 Break thread!

I will bite :D
Do you think the Perez situation is bizarre, given how Marko has been talking, the situation with Danny Ric, Horner talking about performance, and Perez's position, the "monday" where they were going to decide, etc, and then they U-turn totally?

Can you see how this sort of daftness is causing people to question what is going on behind the scenes?

Especially given how senior people at liberty media behaved with the Andretti situation, is it not plausible they are dabbling with the "sport" elsewhere?
The Perez 'gossip' has been done to death already, at every race weekend etc etc, filling threads with no more than clap trap. If people wish to believe the cr*p that is penned by hacks, in social media and in 'pub talk' gossip about what he or she said without any real evidence it is because their predictions were woefully incorrect and they are desperately looking around for another conspiracy.
I think it is very clear where the daftness is coming from.
Perhaps some need to step outside of that bubble and start using that grey matter we are all blessed with.

It's 31st July today - is the series out then? Or are they talking about next year? Love good journalism these days..

Yes, it is today, just a typo by me :) The article I was quoting was written earlier this month, btw...

The Perez 'gossip' has been done to death already, at every race weekend etc etc, filling threads with no more than clap trap. If people wish to believe the cr*p that is penned by hacks, in social media and in 'pub talk' gossip about what he or she said without any real evidence it is because their predictions were woefully incorrect and they are desperately looking around for another conspiracy.
I think it is very clear where the daftness is coming from.
Perhaps some need to step outside of that bubble and start using that grey matter we are all blessed with.

I am sorry, but if you cannot see how RB personnel (in this case) flirting with the media is not the cause of these sorts of discussions, there is no hope for you :D

Last edited:
With Perez, I think it's more likely to be as simple as the other drivers they have immediately available are not perceived as being able to offer a significant enough improvement, so better the devil you know. Especially when getting rid of the devil you know is probably going to upset some fairly substantial sponsors too.

Worst/best bit about it is, half the user's who act all high and mighty, typically support a team who has undertaken equal levels of stupidity/entitlement/nonsense in the sport.
Not sure what point you're trying to make there. Just because Team X is doing something dumb now it's not worth talking about because Team Y did something dumb before...?

Yes, it is today, just a typo by me :) The article I was quoting was written earlier this month, btw...

I am sorry, but if you cannot see how RB personnel (in this case) flirting with the media is not the cause of these sorts of discussions, there is no hope for you :D
Lol really?
Another non newsworthy line: 'Max Verstappen and his father Jos were reportedly informed', reportedly, ROFL. Quoting a 'F1 source' is another piece of, it's not really true but if we quote an F1 source it has credibility. I wonder if was it Roscoe?
I guess the thugs rioting in Southport also believed that made up fiction was also true that they were reading?

You get one story, the media feed on it and the Chinese whispers commence and then some swallow it hook line and sinker.

Last edited:
I'm still sticking with Perez won't be at Red Bull by the end of this season, there is too much going on, and Horner says one thing Marko is thinking something else, we know they bang heads regularly and disagree publicly let alone privately. If anything the pressure to say something was just to keep the Perez camp happy, as he must see all this being discussed every week and without a solid commitment pushing back against the rumours start believing it himself.

Not really bothered if other don't buy into it, but this is really wired from Red Bull, a notoriously cut throat competitive company and team.

Lol really?
Yup, really! The speculation about Perez is COMING directly from Red Bull, and it causes the media to dive in and find anything they can.

It you look at my posts on the subject, they are quite clearly (or at least I thought they were) poking fun at that particular premis.

If RB staff are publicly speaking about the future and attainment of their underpeforming driver, and then suddenly changing their mind without any clear reason, IT WILL prod the rumour mill into action.

This is now an entertainment industry and moving closer to something like WWE each year. It's not quite there yet, but it feels closer than ever. I mean, we even have fake teams and actors taking part in race weekends :D

Last edited:
Sounds like Doohan is close to being confirmed as Alpine's number 2, I honestly think there are better choices out there but its probably a symptom of where they are as a team.
Frankly I'd have preferred to see Mick Schumacher given a second chance but I think that's it for his F1 career barring Sauber/Audi who were rumoured to be considering him.

Yup, really! The speculation about Perez is COMING directly from Red Bull, and it causes the media to dive in and find anything they can.

It you look at my posts on the subject, they are quite clearly (or at least I thought they were) poking fun at that particular premis.

If RB staff are publicly speaking about the future and attainment of their underpeforming driver, and then suddenly changing their mind without any clear reason, IT WILL prod the rumour mill into action.

This is now an entertainment industry and moving closer to something like WWE each year. It's not quite there yet, but it feels closer than ever. I mean, we even have fake teams and actors taking part in race weekends :D
You missed my obvious sarcasm.
All teams have 'courted' the media for their own means for years, doesn't validate the 'news' story we are talking about.

Last edited:
Ok, so you agree with me?
Of course it does not validate it, but it certainly causes it!
I only agree with the part that all the teams court and exploit the media. You are suggesting they've deliberately caused this unsubstantiated story, which is different. I doubt very much if any team would undermine a already struggling driver.
But then that is all part of the myths around Red Bull that some are obsessed with..

Last edited:
I only agree with the part that all the teams court and exploit the media. You are suggesting they've deliberately caused this unsubstantiated story, which is different. I doubt very much if any team would undermine a already struggling driver.
But then that is all part of the myths around Red Bull that some are obsessed with..
Not "deliberately" as you say, but it's a clear side-effect of the statements being made publicly by members of the team :)

Sounds like Doohan is close to being confirmed as Alpine's number 2, I honestly think there are better choices out there but its probably a symptom of where they are as a team.
Agreed. I'm very surprised they haven't gone for Victor Martins instead, not least because it fits with their 'everything French' philosophy, but also because he's the more consistent driver.

Frankly I'd have preferred to see Mick Schumacher given a second chance but I think that's it for his F1 career barring Sauber/Audi who were rumoured to be considering him.
Not so sure on that one though. IMO Mick hasn't really ever been impressive. Yes he won F2, but that was a *really* lacklustre year - Mazepin and Zhou were 4th and 5th in the championship FFS! Even since joining the Alpine WEC team he's been outclassed by his teammates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom