2024 Summer F1 Break thread!

Interesting that the FIA have seen a need to ban something over the summer break:

Whilst no mention of who was suspected of using it or was in the process of developing it, clearly there was enough of a concern.
Be interesting to see if the pace of anyone drops off significantly when we resume.

I don't think it'll cause any performance changes, as it allegedly wasn't on the cars yet:

According to the Italian media, one of the top teams was probably pushing development in this direction, without yet having actually implemented any such system on the cars. The Federation may have been warned about the issue and promptly acted to clarify a particularly gray area of the regulations.

I'm on the verge of giving up supporting alpine. I've supported the team since forever. Waaaay before alonso won his 2 wdcs there.

The team is a mess. I've said before if I was getting into f1 now it's the team I'd least support.

Hemorrhaging staff, a horrible structure, repeated bad driver signings (Ocon for 3 years.. Unbelievable.. Which caused the Oscar issues), what seems like a toxic environment.
Wish they'd just sell.

I don't think I'd bother supporting a team now. As money talks too much.

I have really liked piastri since the alpine scandal came to light. And basically his attitude. So I may get behind a driver instead.

Piastri is an easy driver to like, and a driver full of promise. I think we're looking at a really exciting period of great drivers in the coming years with Max, Lewis' last years, seeing how Leclerc measures up against Lewis, Piastri, and Kimi Antonelli coming in; as well as drivers like Norris and Russell who seem like they're good enough to take a WDC in the right conditions.

Piastri is an easy driver to like, and a driver full of promise. I think we're looking at a really exciting period of great drivers in the coming years with Max, Lewis' last years, seeing how Leclerc measures up against Lewis, Piastri, and Kimi Antonelli coming in; as well as drivers like Norris and Russell who seem like they're good enough to take a WDC in the right conditions.

Yeah if could shift perez or perez could improve it would be a great top 8.

Personally most looking forward to Hamilton vs leclerc.

Wouldn't be surprised to see alpine sign someone dire like bottas or Zhou. They should definitely try doohan.

Yeah if could shift perez or perez could improve it would be a great top 8.

Personally most looking forward to Hamilton vs leclerc.

Wouldn't be surprised to see alpine sign someone dire like bottas or Zhou. They should definitely try doohan.

Apparently alpine will only sign Zhou if there is sponsorship money to come with it.

Otherwise doohan and Mick Schumacher are in the firing line with Mick Schumacher impressing a bit more in the test, despite a marginally slower single lap pace.

Anyone else seen the bonkers and clearly not true rumours of MazzaSpin heading to Alpine?

Isn't he still banned?

(Looks it up) The ban was overturned in the EU, but I can't see anything about the UK, and the court's reasoning was that it wasn't reasonable to continue the sanctions after he lost his F1 seat since that ended the family connection to the sanctions against his father. Sanctions against Papa Mazepin continue, so there's presumably no money behind him anyway.

Isn't he still banned?

(Looks it up) The ban was overturned in the EU, but I can't see anything about the UK, and the court's reasoning was that it wasn't reasonable to continue the sanctions after he lost his F1 seat since that ended the family connection to the sanctions against his father. Sanctions against Papa Mazepin continue, so there's presumably no money behind him anyway.
Yeah I suspected it's all nonsense but it's mad t see it doing the rounds again.

From what I remember, something about a swiss guy now funding mazzaspin.

Apparently alpine will only sign Zhou if there is sponsorship money to come with it.

He comes with a sizeable whack of Chinese sponsors, doesn't he? And any team that signs him would probably get a boost in the lucrative Chinese market. I can see that being particularly appealing to a brand like Alpine.

Otherwise doohan and Mick Schumacher are in the firing line with Mick Schumacher impressing a bit more in the test, despite a marginally slower single lap pace.

Interesting. I figured Audi were Schumacher's only chance of a return. I think he got a rough deal first time, but on the other hand I think I'd rather see someone else get a chance than see him get another one. He may have been treated badly by Haas, but he still wasn't all that impressive. Mid-tier at best, by my reckoning.

From what I remember, something about a swiss guy now funding mazzaspin.

Swiss, huh? Wonder where that guy got his money from...

Looks like Newey is heading to Aston with Papa Strolls cheque book

Seems the trend in the rumour mill is that he's going to AM. Though given the number of not going to Ferrari rumours, I wonder if Newey to Ferrari was close to a deal as it'd be interesting if it was an influence in Hamilton also moving to Ferrari but I doubt we'll ever know.

Newry has said he's retiring, so be interesting to see if he suddenly changes tact.

I don't really believe the rumour mill, a month or so it was a dead cert he was going Ferrari..

Though Eddie Jordan is his manager so you never know.

Newry has said he's retiring, so be interesting to see if he suddenly changes tact.

I don't really believe the rumour mill, a month or so it was a dead cert he was going Ferrari..

Though Eddie Jordan is his manager so you never know.
A few races back he was still on the grid sketching cars though. Including the Red Bull! :D Still, that could just be habit. Well, other than sketching the Red Bull of course.

Back
Top Bottom