• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Super live on website?

Soldato
2080 super (for me) needs to be £650 tops, otherwise I will be hanging onto my 980ti for another generation.
You mean £19 less than you'll be able to buy the FE which is just 2.9% higher than your "ideal" price? You're not buying because of that? In fact you'll get a couple of decent free games too for your £669 :)
There's also a reason AMD dropped their prices before launch so not sure the competition justifies any further drops in prices. The 20 series non Ti GPU's are now much better priced and offer a better feature set than the competition offers. £19 is hardly a decent bottle of win that you'll pee out the next day. Get your wallet out and buy one :D.

It would be a nice upgrade from a 980 Ti.

Last edited:
Associate
You mean £19 less than you'll be able to buy the FE which is just 2.9% higher than your "ideal" price? You're not buying because of that? In fact you'll get a couple of decent free games too for your £669 :)
There's also a reason AMD dropped their prices before launch so not sure the competition justifies any further drops in prices. The 20 series non Ti GPU's are now much better priced and offer a better feature set than the competition offers. £19 is hardly a decent bottle of win that you'll pee out the next day. Get your wallet out and buy one :D.

It would be a nice upgrade from a 980 Ti.

If you apply your theory then there will never be a cap on what I would spend as it's just a few quid extra for X card and if you're buying that then you may as well spend another £xx on a SKU that has better RMA / warranty / etc.

Free games mean nothing to me in this equation as they aren't guaranteed and are "while stocks last" so a product can still be advertised as having free games, despite the offer running it's course.

Also, don't get me started on the hidden space invaders games that RTX cards sometimes come with.

So yeah, £650 is my limit :p :D

In fact, now I type all that out, £650 seems like quite a gamble for one of these cards without a rock solid warranty from a good, trusted company (not Asus) with a long warranty on them.

I think you've just helped talk me out of buying one now, thanks lol :D

Soldato
If you apply your theory then there will never be a cap on what I would spend as it's just a few quid extra for X card and if you're buying that then you may as well spend another £xx on a SKU that has better RMA / warranty / etc.

Free games mean nothing to me in this equation as they aren't guaranteed and are "while stocks last" so a product can still be advertised as having free games, despite the offer running it's course.

Also, don't get me started on the hidden space invaders games that RTX cards sometimes come with.

So yeah, £650 is my limit :p :D

In fact, now I type all that out, £650 seems like quite a gamble for one of these cards without a rock solid warranty from a good, trusted company (not Asus) with a long warranty on them.

I think you've just helped talk me out of buying one now, thanks lol :D
There's a big difference between £19 and a never ending cap on what you would spend.
Personally I think it'd be a great upgrade from your 980 Ti. I would recommend waiting as long as possible usually but the impression I got was that you weren't buying just because it's £19 more than what you want to spend and if that was the reason I'd say you're maaddddddd :).
All warranties for first owners are pretty rock solid, just that some companies deal with claims better than others. End of the day, if you have the original receipt and are the first owner, they have to resolve it.
Regarding space invaders, it's been blown out of proportion, especially on the < 2080 Ti GPU's.
The 30** cards will no doubt be better in all respects so if you can hold out for those, brilliant, but if main reason you're not buying now is over £19 I'd just buy one now. No doubt they'll be even better priced later in the year but you know the 30 cards will be just around the corner.

It's tempting to just sell my 1080, go for a used 1080ti and wait it out.
You might as well just keep your 1080 to be honest. MOst 1080 Ti';s are probably overpriced used. With the 5700Xt about the same level performance brand new for £375 or thereabouts, it puts 1080 TI's used values at a chunk under £300, probably closer to £200 for early cards (with less warranty/more used). Remember that the early 1080 Ti's are over probably heading towards 2.5 years old now.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I'll more than likely be getting the gigabyte 2080 s priced at 750, looks like a good upgrade from my old zotac amp 1070, the fans on it are noisy and annoying the hell out of me. Then I'm done with upgrades for the next 4-5 years I think.

Permabanned
Well I'll more than likely be getting the gigabyte 2080 s priced at 750, looks like a good upgrade from my old zotac amp 1070, the fans on it are noisy and annoying the hell out of me. Then I'm done with upgrades for the next 4-5 years I think.

You get only 3yrs though, It was 4yr Gigabyte feel now 3is enough after just watching a Zotac AMP not make it to the 3yrs mark myself i would say you would be a fool.

Or worse, When the 3yrs are up someone on the members market gets a ticking time bomb and not all of the problems can be fixed like odd fan sizes and memory degrading. Remember super is 15.5 not a 14gb memory card its overclocked.

Associate
You get only 3yrs though, It was 4yr Gigabyte feel now 3is enough after just watching a Zotac AMP not make it to the 3yrs mark myself i would say you would be a fool.

Or worse, When the 3yrs are up someone on the members market gets a ticking time bomb and not all of the problems can be fixed like odd fan sizes and memory degrading. Remember super is 15.5 not a 14gb memory card its overclocked.

4yr warranty listed on the gigabyte site.

Well you can see the prices that OCUK have posted.

Let us know what you think.

Me, I think they're over priced.

Nvidia's base price is £669 for the founders card.
So yeah £70 too expensive imho.

Personally I would be looking to pickup a decent 3 fan 2080 Super, with a factory OC applied for say no more than £700.
So basically the Zotac AMP! is a £100 too expensive lol.

But you know everything comes to those who don't mind waiting for the price to come to them.

Last edited:
Soldato
But how many keep the Zotac cards for 5 Years.
At these prices probably more people then you realise.

There's no point in holding out for the 7nm generation, you get more performance but you will pay more for it (3080 will probably be £1000 at that point). If you really need the extra fps just stump up the cash now and be dammed for enabling Nvidia's business practices.

Soldato
Well you can see the prices that OCUK have posted.

Let us know what you think.

Me, I think they're over priced.
Then look at the FE's. Simple as that IMO. There's not much difference now the blower design is no longer used. I'd pay no more than probably £50 over FE price for ANY GPU model. Underneath it's the same chip. Some are willing to pay more which is fair enough, like those buying binned CPU's, but isn't a necessity.

Last edited:
Associate
Given how over engineered gigabytes motherboards are I'm willing to stump up the extra cash for the gpu. The website states it also has better power delivery than the stock card so...

Back
Top Bottom