• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Super live on website?

Good for you, but I was not asking anything.

Regardless I wouldn't buy a gfx card with a single blower fan or that had an reference PCB in any case.
All I was stating is 'I' couldn't find a 2080ti at the moment for much less than £1k.
The actual 2080ti's do I like are around £1.4k... so it's a none starter for me.

My MAX budget is around the £800 mark.

Last edited:
Associate
Ordered a 2080 Ti, fingers crossed the prices don't drop considerably when the 2080 S is released.
Nice, don't think they'll drop that much to be honest. I'm probably going to get a 2070 super or 2080 super and wait for next gen before getting the flagship myself

Edit: Lol they've added a whole bunch of additional models to the 2080 super page now. They don't have an actual price I think since the EVGA FTW3 is priced identically to the black at £800

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
It's pretty much what was expected. The core increase is too small to make a difference & increased memory bandwidth doesn't do enough on Nvidia GPUs to see much gain since they're not as hungry as AMD's GPUs.

It is, even fully unlocking the 2080 was never going to give performance to match the Ti given the differences in hardware

What I'm really interested in seeing is the actual in game performance. If the 2080 super EVGA Ultra is priced at £750 then it'd be £200 more than the 2070 super which I may be willing to bite the bullet for, as I don't expect the next gen flagship to launch until end of next year

Soldato
It is, even fully unlocking the 2080 was never going to give performance to match the Ti

What I'm really interested in seeing is the actual in game performance. If the 2080 super EVGA Ultra is priced at £750 then it'd be £200 more than the 2070 super which I may be willing to bite the bullet for, as I don't expect the next gen flagship to launch until end of next year

End of 2020? I cant see that happen to be fair. I am indeed expecting something when Navi.big launches as well as Cyberpunk 2077 which is around 9-10 months from now. Perfect timing.

I'm itchy to upgrade the 1080 and would buy a 2080 Super, but I feel that RTX isn't ready for prime time and that the cards are over priced currently. On the cusp of a node shrink as well I feel now isnt the time for an upgrade.

Associate
End of 2020? I cant see that happen to be fair. I am indeed expecting something when Navi.big launches as well as Cyberpunk 2077 which is around 9-10 months from now. Perfect timing.

I'm itchy to upgrade the 1080 and would buy a 2080 Super, but I feel that RTX isn't ready for prime time and that the cards are over priced currently. On the cusp of a node shrink as well I feel now isnt the time for an upgrade.
That's just my baseless estimate. Given the only recent announce the 7nm tie up with Samsung I would have thought it'd take time to start mass production, and for the 1080ti didn't it launch after the initial 10xx series? Hence why I think it'd be later in the year if they went with that approach again

Permabanned
Yeah, considering its the smallest bump up of the Super range, looks like a Ti for me then.

But the price is outrageous! £1000 for one card? That does not even double my fps from my 1080 which cost 600? I need a replacement GPU i have 750 in cash and i want double my fps. You would think someone could meet that requirment since it has been 2.7 months right? Nvidia really screwed and stagnated everything with RTX.

Associate
I totally don't understand, sorry...
Do you honestly plan to keep it more than 2 years?
What are you taking about. Cable tied fans? Did I link you to something else or did you think those mushrooms you found in a cow field earlier were edible?
I've had two 1080ti FEs fail, one in 19 months and it's replacement six months later so I'd have been £699.00 out of pocket on a two year warranty.
I'm going to make sure I always have a three year warranty in future and ideally five years as I've lost confidence in the longevity of Nvidia cards
(previously I'd never had a card fail and I've owned dozens from AMD, Nvidia and Matrox/3Dfx/Imagination tech when they competed) and now feel a long warranty is essential.

Associate
I'm not sure it's great business sense to sell them £100 more expensive if they're selling 10 units per week. The stock shortage is clearly not in their best interest.
Well if the consumer can't simply buy an equivalent alternative from the competition (AMD/Intel/whoever) then artificial 'stock shortages' are a great way of maximising prices. Look at DDR4 memory, prices went up, Micron etc started making E die stuff prices start to come down Samsung slashed production artificially restricting supply to keep prices high due to 'limited stock'. Any and every business practice that inflates Nvidia prices in the absence of competition is being and will be used.

Soldato
Well if the consumer can't simply buy an equivalent alternative from the competition (AMD/Intel/whoever) then artificial 'stock shortages' are a great way of maximising prices. Look at DDR4 memory, prices went up, Micron etc started making E die stuff prices start to come down Samsung slashed production artificially restricting supply to keep prices high due to 'limited stock'. Any and every business practice that inflates Nvidia prices in the absence of competition is being and will be used.
Purposely set fire to the ram factory?

Permabanned
They are from £669, the higher prices are for the models with bigger OC’s, better warranties and the fancier coolers.

Are only the cheaper models going to be in stock at 2pm? Some of the fancy models have no set core mhz yet and they launch on Tuesday so there looks to be a shortage already? The Aorus looks more like an August card i am just watching the 2070s queues and thinking deeply about the 23rd.

Soldato
Are only the cheaper models going to be in stock at 2pm? Some of the fancy models have no set core mhz yet and they launch on Tuesday so there looks to be a shortage already? The Aorus looks more like an August card i am just watching the 2070s queues and thinking deeply about the 23rd.

I would like to know this too as I'm looking at the Aorus also.

Permabanned
I would like to know this too as I'm looking at the Aorus also.

Well the Gigabyte website says core clocks tbc i wonder will they update the website because they should decide pretty soon i would think. I liked the look of the Aorus and the EVGA Hybrid AIO.

Aorus has 100mm fans also, 4yr warranty, normally high core overclocks too.

Back
Top Bottom