• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080TI FE to 4070 super??

Soldato
Just wondering if its worth the cost for changing cards. I'm finding conflicting info about the percentage uplift from a 2080TI FE (boosts to 1930mhz) to a 4070. Will it be a notable upgrade from my current card and if so roughly what percantage uplift would I be looking at and is it worth the upgrade (I will sell the 2080TI to part fund the new card if i do swap)? Currently im gaming at 1080p but will be moving to 1440p

I can't say I'd bother upgrading from a 3070 - near enough 2080ti in many cases - to a 4070 especially at the cost they are - I'm not sure how it stacks up in wider benchmarks off the top of my head but in the stuff I play the difference is only 20-30%. Personally my next upgrade would have to be at least 4080 kind of territory but I'm not paying more than about £800 for that so...
To be honest this is where im at. I refuse to pay that kinda of money for a GPU

Just resurrecting as looking for thoughts on swapping from my 2080ti FE to a 4070 Super? Since i originally posed this question about moving to a 4070 ive also changed from 1080p to 1440p

Bully for you, the OP is clearly not a person who upgrades for the sake of it effectively and wants a worthwhile uplift.

I think I'd do the same in his/her position.

Basically this. Prior to my 2080ti i had a 1060 6gb and i only have the 2080ti as it was a competition prize. Most ive spent on a GPU was £200 i think so if im going to get violated by modern day GPU prices it needs to be worthwhile and something ill be happy with for 4-5 years

Back
Top Bottom