• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080Ti Pre-order shipping dates

Caporegime
That's fair enough but didn't you pre-order? Doesn't your email tell you when it is shipping? Did this need an entirely new thread considering there is already one dedicated to pre-ordering where this could have been posted instead of spamming the forum with yet another 20 series thread?

And I was off in my estimate, there are 51 separate threads on the forum related to the release of these cards (that I counted, there might be more). Excessive to say the least and most are related topics which could easily have been posted in an existing thread.

We all get it, people are excited about the new cards but that is no excuse for filling the entire forum full of threads about it. I mean, what's next. Someone gonna start a thread asking 'Wonder what the rpm range of the fans are on the 2080ti?'
No email telling me when mine is shipping and pretty sad that you counted all the 2080 threads :D

Fair point as well about the fans and what rpm they spin at... Could be worth a new thread :D

Soldato
Don't get how that shield thing helps in any way whatsoever

It's another useless gimmick to add false value to an overpriced Nvidia product.... That is all it is nothing more than that, this is the world we ended up in LEDS on everything (even inside a case that has no way to see them) and gimmicks like this. The PC industry needs to stop being run by kindergarden kids with greedy eyes.

All these gimmicks cost pennys but they add £100's on top of the price. I love EVGA but even they are testing my patience in recent years too with stuff like this.

Soldato
It's another useless gimmick to add false value to an overpriced Nvidia product.... That is all it is nothing more than that, this is the world we ended up in LEDS on everything (even inside a case that has no way to see them) and gimmicks like this. The PC industry needs to stop being run by kindergarden kids with greedy eyes.

All these gimmicks cost pennys but they add £100's on top of the price. I love EVGA but even they are testing my patience in recent years too with stuff like this.
One man's Christmas tree is another man's etc etc :p

Soldato
Still at least they're cheaper than the lovely looking FE GPU. Oh hang on, no they're not

I'm sure they're hoping NV can't supply enough of their more beautiful cards and folks will be forced to buy AIB cheap tat covered GPU's for £100+ more :)

Soldato
The rendered pictures in the sales listings for the EVGA cards look awful but when you see actual pictures of it, I think it looks good.

This French publication seems to have the RTX 2080 XC Ultra in their possession and took a bunch of photos of it from a number of angles as well as with the card plugged into a motherboard.

https://vonguru.fr/2018/09/10/la-geforce-rtx-2080-xc-ultra-devga-en-details/

Associate
That thing had better seriously overclock like a beast to justify that size and ugliness. Personally I think EVGA have lost the plot this round, or perhaps they're still over-engineering their cooling solutions since the 1080 FTW fiasco.

Associate
No email telling me when mine is shipping and pretty sad that you counted all the 2080 threads :D

Fair point as well about the fans and what rpm they spin at... Could be worth a new thread :D

That's a shame, thought it might say on your order confirmation email. I guess they didn't know themselves maybe until more recently.

I was bored haha, plus I wanted to see how many there were after taking that wild guess. Didn't expect it to be anything near that many though if I'm honest.

Speaking of fans the FE has them spaced quite far apart compared to most other twin fan designs, but it's still the best 20xx design I've seen so far imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom