£240 budget... what should i get?

Associate
ok... the wife has granted me £240... and not a penny more... this is to include vat and delivery... which is my best bet?

Would prefer to get at least 22". would also prefer screen to have the gloss type finish to it...

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
glossy screens can be a bit annoying, i just bought a laptop which has a very glossy screen, which does look very nice but u can always see a reflection of what is behind u in it. its great in the dark though.

my sammy 226bw doesnt have a very glossy screen and i find it far better for normal use, putting it on a low contrast and brightness setting is like looking at a piece of paper with a picture on it, very easy on the eyes.

Caporegime
glossy screens can be a bit annoying, i just bought a laptop which has a very glossy screen, which does look very nice but u can always see a reflection of what is behind u in it. its great in the dark though.

my sammy 226bw doesnt have a very glossy screen and i find it far better for normal use, putting it on a low contrast and brightness setting is like looking at a piece of paper with a picture on it, very easy on the eyes.

Personal choice. I have a glossy NEC and I love it. The blacks are blacker and the colours deeper and I don't have problems with reflections because my computer desk is under the stairs!

Caporegime
Let us know what you think of it when you get it. What are you upgrading from?

If it's an old 17" (like me) I'm sure you will be blown away by it.:D

Associate
OP
Let us know what you think of it when you get it. What are you upgrading from?

If it's an old 17" (like me) I'm sure you will be blown away by it.:D

worse still... old 15" tft.. had it for 5 years now!!!

had to convince the wife i needed a new monitor for my 8800gts to work properly...

Back
Top Bottom