• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2600k vs Ivy Bridge

Soldato
Currently running a setup based on a 2600k i7. I do nothing on this but gaming so i'm considering selling the chip, doing a bios upgrade on my Z68 based board and dropping the 2500k equivalent in, likely for around the same price while improving my single thread performance quite a bit.

What's the 2500k equivalent (for where it sits in the range) from the ivy bridge chips? (i.e, unlocked, no hyperthreading).

Soldato
OP
You wouldn't be running the 2500k at stock though would you?

3570k looks like the closest to the 2500k anyway.

No, indeed. Never got around to overclocking the 2600k as it happens but it seemed to be a bit less favourable to it than the 2500k anyway. With some improvements from the new chip and the fact I can sell my 2600k, buy a 3570k (looking at prices) with change and see a performance gain with more headroom to play with it I think it's a definite win.

Back
Top Bottom