27" 1440 144hz?

Associate
I'm after an above monitor that meets the title specs. So far, I've looked at the below. Anyone use these?

AOC Q27G2U/BK 27"
AOC CQ27G2U/BK 27"
LLyama G-MASTER RED EAGLE GB2760QSU-B1 27"
Acer NITRO VG271UP 27"
MSI Optix MAG272CQR Curved Gaming Monitor '27 Inch
AOC 27" AGON AG271QX

From what I've read the AOC CQ27G2U/BK 27", AOC Q27G2U/BK 27" and MSI Optix MAG272CQR suffer from ghosting which I've read affects a lot of VA panels; anyone have experience with these two?

Also, what is recommended with a budget of £400?

I know a lot are out of stock currently but this is more so that I can keep a lookout for a particular one.

Soldato
I was after a 144hz monitor last week, I spent hours reading and researching, I ruled out VA panels due to problems like black crush. IPS seemed like the best middle ground so I concentrated on them, eventually I narrowed it down to the LG 27GL850. I came from a Dell U2719 that is now in the classifieds, I was very happy with that screen, I just wanted the higher refresh rate and G sync, I'm really happy with the LG, on desktop it's as good as the Dell but better in game due to the super fast refresh rate and low input lag. Sadly a little over your budget, could be worth saving up for though.

Associate
OP
Thanks. I have too looked at the LG 27GL850. It is slightly out of budget but I'm not finding anything that really stands out at me with the VA panel. I'm in no rush so may just wait until next month and I can probably increase my budget to get this one. I am coming from an LG 2560x1080 75hz IPS panel so I know they are good.

Associate
I was after a 144hz monitor last week, I spent hours reading and researching, I ruled out VA panels due to problems like black crush. IPS seemed like the best middle ground so I concentrated on them, eventually I narrowed it down to the LG 27GL850. I came from a Dell U2719 that is now in the classifieds, I was very happy with that screen, I just wanted the higher refresh rate and G sync, I'm really happy with the LG, on desktop it's as good as the Dell but better in game due to the super fast refresh rate and low input lag. Sadly a little over your budget, could be worth saving up for though.

Hi i been looking for a three monitor setup and i am looking at the dell u2719d 60hz and LG and Gigabyte and other 144hz monitors. I do like the look of the dells and how they designed, did you find much difference in image quality and colours of the dell and lg ? which was better for gaming and photo work.

I can not decide, some 144hz monitors are just way to expensive and limits my choise.

I know the dell is about 1100 contrast and the LG is about 700 did you notice if the dells had better blacks than the lg

thanks for any help

Soldato
Hi i been looking for a three monitor setup and i am looking at the dell u2719d 60hz and LG and Gigabyte and other 144hz monitors. I do like the look of the dells and how they designed, did you find much difference in image quality and colours of the dell and lg ? which was better for gaming and photo work.

I can not decide, some 144hz monitors are just way to expensive and limits my choise.

I know the dell is about 1100 contrast and the LG is about 700 did you notice if the dells had better blacks than the lg

thanks for any help

Build quality wise I'd say the Dell is better, the USB ports are also in a much better place. The image quality is very close between them, the LG looks to have more vivid colours, I'm not sure if it's more accurate though, or if the Dell could be adjusted closer, or it's the LG's wider colour gamut. But then on 2 calibrated screens the same picture should look identical.

For photo work I imagine they are even, the LG has an advantage in games with the higher refresh, though I'm not sure I'm very susceptible to screen tearing as I didn't notice much difference. The Dell has low input lag anyway.

Black levels I think are even but I never had them side by side, a friend of mine wants to see how they are next to each other as he wants to buy an LG and the Dell off me. I have an OLED in the room so black levels are poor in comparison to that, but no other panel type can match OLED blacks.

Associate
thnaks,

I just can not decide as the lg would cost me £300 just for the 144hz as i ned three monitors and i dont know if its worth that and just play games at 60hz as thast a lot of cash extra for 144hz

Associate
I'm looking for one of these class of monitors at the moment too. There's a version of the LG called the 27GL83A-B that uses the same panel but leaves out the USB 'hub' and has a slightly narrower colour gamut - it was historically a fair bit cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom