27” monitor 500£ max budget

Associate
Hi there,

I’m currently looking for a new monitor. All I know that I can have 27 inch max as that is what the space on the table allows. At the minute I’m using my Benq 2420 from 2013 lol which is 120hz and just feels outdated. Gpu ive got is 3070ti, however 4070ti is on the table. Now gaming is mixed, mostly fps, but i do play titles like GoW and similar e.g Alan Wake type. Looking at the market i see that there just so many monitors available. Spoke to sales team they recommended msi mpg 4k and benq ones for fps gaming. What would you guys go for if you had 500£? Oled feels overprised, i could go for it but my wife will kill me.

That oled looks decent indeed, where you reckon the price will be when sale starts? I know its a hard guess. Ive put it in my basket now.

If I go for it at the end, is that defo an upgrade needed to my 3070ti?

Thanks

I'm trying to establish the full size :D E.g. 2560x1440 or something bigger like 3440x1440, or even 5120x1440.

You'll already know how your 3070 Ti can do at 2560x1440p because that's your current monitor, right?

4K it would definitely struggle with the latest games and you'd have to compromise on the settings and/or use upscaling.

2560x1440 should be fine for the most part, though again there will be some compromises.
Sorry, I’ve had this monitor since 2013 it is 1080p 120Hz Nvidia 3D ready lol. It is burning out.

That would be 2560x1440p i guess. Ive not had a monitor for 11 years dunno tbf. I know that Ive got 500 to spend just take my money haha. At least ive got some options now to look at.

Last edited:
Ouch, fair enough.

I'd set up some alerts on deal tracking websites and wait for a 27" OLED to drop, I'd not be overly concerned with burn in etc with more modern screens either.

As mentioned earlier, they've been as low as £350-400 and it's a game changing tech the likes of which we've not seen in many years for monitors.
Great, I’ll set up my alerts then :) seems like i will need a new gpu too.

Thanks.

They reccomended you 4K for FPS gaming? Thata's poor advice, 4K takes a hell of a lot of prunt to run, and will cost you a ton of FPS.

If you cannot stretch to OLED, I get a nice 27" 1440p. Like this.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mon-msi-00929.html - Seems ideal for you 240HZ for FPS gaming.

What would I do? Forget the 4070ti, you don't need a new card yet, save up a bit longer, wait for Black Friday and buy yourself a 27" 1440p OLED. Forget 4K. Something like this.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...s-a-sync-e2-gaming-monitor-mon-msi-02659.html - That's 240HZ refresh as well.

OLED beats the pants off 4K, I've done the 1440p to 4K and then back to 1440p but OLED. I know which is better.

Your monitor should DEFINITELY BE where your money is going, all of it. Your monitor is ancient you will be blown away by anything you buy now, especially OLED. That's where you'll really feel the benefit, a 3070 to 4070 is nice but nowhere close.

:)
Hey thanks for the comment. I'm heading for that QPX 27inch, just waiting for some price drop. Now, I read that there are software issues, and there are plenty of them. How's MSI with reacting to updates, they release fixes quickly? Is this monitor alright when just outta box or will I need playing with it? Color washout an issue? If I get this from Overclockers, will they accept a return for that reason? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom