• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2700x CH6 Overclocking help

Associate
I'm running 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 on an Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/AC mITX WiFi BIOS p4.60 with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X. I loaded up the D.O.C.P profile and everything runs smooth and stable.

Associate
OP
So I fixed the issue by replacing the setup with a 8700k.

Overclocking took 5 mins and it's been running stability tests for the last few hours without any issues.

Turning the computer on and it booting instantly into windows is nice too

I couldn't afford to spend any more time on the Ryzen setup, it was impressive at some things but definitely needs refinement...

Good luck guys and thanks for the help.

Associate
So I fixed the issue by replacing the setup with a 8700k.

Overclocking took 5 mins and it's been running stability tests for the last few hours without any issues.

Turning the computer on and it booting instantly into windows is nice too

I couldn't afford to spend any more time on the Ryzen setup, it was impressive at some things but definitely needs refinement...

Good luck guys and thanks for the help.

Haha I know the feeling. I switched from 1600 to a 8600k last week. 4.8ghz at 1.236v and 3200c14 ram running at 3600c15 1T.

Every time I tighten ram timings or push frequencies higher I expect to not boot, boots fine every time. Then I run memtest hci over night and expect to wake up with errors, 0 every time.

Very happy with my decision to switch.

Associate
OP
Haha I know the feeling. I switched from 1600 to a 8600k last week. 4.8ghz at 1.236v and 3200c14 ram running at 3600c15 1T.

Every time I tighten ram timings or push frequencies higher I expect to not boot, boots fine every time. Then I run memtest hci over night and expect to wake up with errors, 0 every time.

Very happy with my decision to switch.

I'm seeing the same - difference in the platform consistency is night and day. I also settled at 4.8GHz - the extra voltage needed for more was not worth it.

Associate
My 2700X clocks to 4.20Ghz with memory at 3400Mhz (the same 8 pack 3600 kit). I just selected the DOCP 3600Mhz profile and took the clock down one notch. I have had no issues beyond getting the cooling working properly. Asus x470 board, 0509 BIOS.

Soldato
i've had to switch back to my intel build as my 2700x and ch7 x470 delevoped weird issues in windows, i ran at stock with 3466mhz ram from corsair (lpx modules just released and on the qvc list on asus website) the pc will boot into windows fine and even post good cinnebench scores in the high 1700's, but do you think i can get games to work hell no, whats even worse when i set the ram back to 2133 the same proble persists, i have also tried a dominator kit and get the same issue, i've ran tests on windows 10 builds 1511, 1603, 1709 and 1803 and no matter which version i use games will crash within 1 - 25mins, i have updated the bios to 0509 and using all up to date drives and still it's not working.
when i switched over to my intel build well a few clicks later and 5ghz stable with 3600mhz xmp dominators windows installed and games and hooray, the pc is completly fine and i was able to play destiny2 for 5hrs+ straight without a hitch, i've messaged overclockers to see if i can return the amd components i purchased because for the price its not worth the hassel, dont get me wrong if it worked it would absolutly mince the intel build but i can't have £600 ish quid sitting around doing nothing, would be better ued in a headset my target is the sennheiser gsp 600 :)

on a side note i was noticing my vcore at stock was pushing nearly 1.5v at times but would hover around 1.44v at stock (3.7ghz), i've read any thing over 1.4ish is pretty bad for the cpu, i hope i havent killed it :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom