28A on 12v rail

Caporegime
Hi, i just looked at a spec for a psu, and basically it says the following:

520W: +3.3V(28A), +5V(52A), +12V(28A)

Are these good? If i was to get the following spec would this 520w psu power the following:

X2 4400+
2 x 1gb 3200 gskill zx ram
connect 3d x1900xtx
A random 250gb hard drive (Maybe a 80gb as well)
Asus a8n-sli mobo...

Im also thinking of getting the Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU, the above psu is the OCZ 520w modstream...which do you rate better?

Thanks in advance :)

Craig.

Last edited:
Hmz, odd....Been told the Hiper type-r 580w will be enough...i was thinking of running my current psu on it for like a few weeks till i get more money...

Thing is i dont fancy spending over £100...(Bearing in mind i havent looked at the tagan yet :P) Especially for a psu :S

And yesh, i know psu's are an important part of your system :)

**Quote**

Thinking of getting the Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU for the following system:

X2 4400+
2 x 1gb 3200 gskill zx ram
connect 3d x1900xtx
A random 250gb hard drive (Maybe a 80gb as well)
Asus a8n-sli mobo...Maybe premium mobo now.
Mite be adding a sound card also eventually.

**/Quote**

Anyone?

Or a psu about the same price range, and not noisey would be nice.

Well...the hiper's cheaper yes?

But what would you recommend for me? I dont want something that im going to have to upgrade later on due to power requirments..And i dont exactly wanting it sounding like a small hovercraft :P

Hmm...For £100? But theyre apparently quiet also im assumming...so the name says anyways.

But your putting that down to personal preference yes? As yours blew up :P

Just saying, as my friend has a Hiper type-r and he's running an opteron 146 at like 2.7/8 or so...with a x1800xt and other things, and its works...

Iduno, decisions eh :P

Another recommendations?

Very true, mite have to consider the Seasonic, whats the Ampage on the 12v rail then? For the 600W and 500W one? Also do you think the 500W would power my system sufficently with headroom available also.

fornowagain said:
S12-600 36A/432w@12v
S12-500 33A/396w@12v

With the XTX I'd get the 600W. But there's not much in it tbh.

Hmz, mite have to if i get enough money, better than my Hiper 420W neways ;)

So what are you running? Psu wise with your sig.

fornowagain said:
PC Power & Cooling. Arguably the best power supply in this power range. Check the spec, nothing comes close for power regulation.

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51SLI

Not cheap and as rare as hens teeth. You pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Yes, a weeee bit pricey ;) But obviously good...But the Seasonic 600W shall do me good yes? Will the 500W do just as good orrrrr? Duno, never had any trouble with my current Hiper one thats all...Then again this system im running is slightely lower spec :)

Very true :)

Im just worried about racking my dads electricity bill up :rolleyes:

And decreasing my bank balance a hell of a lot.... :p

Ill try and get the 600W i guess, if i cant afford it, ill just have to stick with the 500w for now, or atleast a fair while :P

Like i said, i may add a sound card and another hdd for all i know, VERY unlikely about the hdd, as i intend to buy a 250gb or so, and i still havent filled this 80gb up yet, had it three years :) hah.

Thankyou for your input, has been helpful...Now to flog the stuff im currently running :S

Back
Top Bottom