• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT or 640GTS?

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
whats wrong with your gts that your switching to a 2900?

I want a change, I want to see what all this about the HD2900XT is for my SELF.

I dont want to know if i'm making a big mistake or if the HD2900XT is rubbish anymore, i'll find out for myself on thursday or friday tbh, I dont think its going to be half as bad as people make out though.

Caporegime
willhub said:
I want a change, I want to see what all this about the HD2900XT is for my SELF.

I dont want to know if i'm making a big mistake or if the HD2900XT is rubbish anymore, i'll find out for myself on thursday or friday tbh, I dont think its going to be half as bad as people make out though.

It isn't though, all those reviews are fake, Guru3D, Anandtech, Firingsquad etc.... they are all bogus, even all those over at Rage3D are wrong, they are all saying even the 7.5's did not boost the performance so it is still falling way short of the GTS when AA is applied etc..., but as you can see from about page 7 when i was on about it all thats not the case, the 2900 is 95% faster than the GTS, it is even faster than the GTX in some cases AND THATS WITH ITS DODGY AA PERFORMANCE ENABLED!!!, so where all these are getting 'once AA is applied it falls way behind the GTS' etc... from god only knows as its on par or 95% faster, thats is not way behind, on par is EQUAL, and thats only in the odd one as its 95% FASTER!!!, so as has been said expect it to be about 100% faster than the GTS when they fix it, it will probably be faster than the GTX to when its fixed seen as its beating it in some cases already with its dodgy AA, we are looking at the 8800 Ultra killer here when they fix the AA issue as it still hasn't been fixed yet apparently, so me, all those reviews, all those over at Rage3D etc... are all wrong. :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
It isn't though, all those reviews are fake, Guru3D, Anandtech, Firingsquad etc.... they are all bogus, even all those over at Rage3D are wrong, they are all saying even the 7.5's did not boost the performance so it is still falling way short of the GTS when AA is applied etc..., but as you can see from about page 7 when i was on about it all thats not the case, the 2900 is 95% faster than the GTS, it is even faster than the GTX in some cases AND THATS WITH ITS DODGY AA PERFORMANCE ENABLED!!!, so where all these are getting 'once AA is applied it falls way behind the GTS' etc... from god only knows, so as has been said expect it to be about 100% faster than the GTS when they fix it, it will probably be faster than the GTX to when its fixed seen as its beating it in some cases already with its dodgy AA, we are looking at the 8800 Ultra killer here when they fix the AA issue as it still hasn't been fixed yet apparently, so me, all those reviews, all those over at Rage3D etc... are all wrong. :eek:

Dude, I know you dont believe that ;)

Soldato
Boogle said:
I'm telling you, LoadsAMoney's account has been hacked, or he's been brainwashed :eek:

His computer has been stolen, he's left his self logged in on his web browser and told MSN to remember his password, its not him :p

He's sick of people flaming and saying thats better than that etc.. so he just decided to say the HD2900XT is better :D, i'm getting a 2900 tho so i'll know on thursday :D

Soldato
will its your money so its up to you :)

I personally would like to mess around with the 2900xt but il decide on that when my 8800gts returns from RMA hell....well I better get a new one anyways.

Im gonna start to a countdown until the 28 days is surpassed :D

Soldato
jrodga2k5 said:
will its your money so its up to you :)

I personally would like to mess around with the 2900xt but il decide on that when my 8800gts returns from RMA hell....well I better get a new one anyways.

Im gonna start to a countdown until the 28 days is surpassed :D

I'm not loosing or spending any money, i'm just swapping my 8800GTS for a HD2900XT, if the HD2900XT is rubbish and I had to buy another 8800GTS it would be easy enough I think.

But I plan for this HD2900XT to last me untill G92 tbh and by then I will of been using a decent quad core system for some time.

Soldato
SS-89 said:
Thats what happens when your indecisive... :rolleyes: :)

I decided like yesterday and was all ready, planned to package tonight, he just rans talker and seen he was getting like 60-100fps on all max with dynamic lighting so he has second thoughts and becuase new drivers on there way.

Soldato
should have decided before you even bought the GTS tbh...lol j/k ul but if you really want one then sell your gts and use the money to get a 2900.

Soldato
When are the 7.6 cats due? This week or next week? Remember someone saying it was around now, just can't find the post.

Back
Top Bottom