2K Budget Gaming Rig - Need Advice

Associate
Hi Overclockers,

The budget is to include peripherals as well and for this kind of money needs to be something special look at as well as future proofed.

Would prefer the latest and greatest in CPU and GPU. Could stretch a max of couple of hundred if needs be.

Thanks in Advance

Soldato
Hi Overclockers,

The budget is to include peripherals as well and for this kind of money needs to be something special look at as well as future proofed.

Would prefer the latest and greatest in CPU and GPU. Could stretch a max of couple of hundred if needs be.

Thanks in Advance

something to be built or build yourself ? if the former you've got to options, picking from systems on here or having a list you can give to OCUK to build for a little charge on top

also, monitor.... have one ( what model is it)? need one?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply,

Something I wish to build myself although it’s been a 3 years so been out of the loop.
No current monitor so will need one recommended please, it doesn’t have to be a super duper model though.

Thanks

Soldato
Thanks for the reply,

Something I wish to build myself although it’s been a 3 years so been out of the loop.
No current monitor so will need one recommended please, it doesn’t have to be a super duper model though.

Thanks

overshot a little, but has flagship last gen Nvidia gpu which is just behind new rtx 2080 , which is about £110+ more expensive and less VRam

i7 8086k 6 core 12 threads, i7 9700k/i9 9900k 8 cores are incoming... but your looking at £500+ !!!! and most games are still 4 core coded - speed is key

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,203.94 (includes shipping: £0.00)

are two other methods of getting price down -

would be slightly slower then Intel due to clock speed
CODE
Total: £2,021.91 (includes shipping: £0.00)

or

Last edited:
Soldato
What is 8GB maxed on?

mods mainly , only recently games starting to hit 6GB at 4k but its mods that can rinse vram .

plus its also £100 difference which can mean going from 1440p ultrawide 100hz down to 1440p 165hz . Monitors will last at least 3 gens of cards.

ryzen+vega+freesync is the smart option for cash personally

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies guys and apologies for the late reply. I have managed to get hold of more funds for the project and having read your suggestions have decided on the following build. I would ask for your feedback for any obvious flaws or where I could replace items for better quality or value given the now £2.5K budget.

Thanks in advance!

Total: £2,507.39 (includes shipping: £22.50)

Soldato
That spec is a bit all over the place. i.e a 1080 ti with a 1080p Freesync monitor and too much being spent on unnecessary things such as the fans and an overpriced case/cooler. For £2.5K I would want a 1440p G-Sync or Freesync myself.

Also Intel cpu's are overpriced right now. You can get way better value with Ryzen.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys and apologies for the late reply. I have managed to get hold of more funds for the project and having read your suggestions have decided on the following build. I would ask for your feedback for any obvious flaws or where I could replace items for better quality or value given the now £2.5K budget.

Thanks in advance!

Total: £2,507.39 (includes shipping: £22.50)

Great spec, bar what @lee32uk said. If running 1440p/4k then your good to go . If your doing e-sports then you'd be on 240hz 1080p G-sync monitor .

Why I quoted this one

overshot a little, but has flagship last gen Nvidia gpu which is just behind new rtx 2080 , which is about £110+ more expensive and less VRam

i7 8086k 6 core 12 threads, i7 9700k/i9 9900k 8 cores are incoming... but your looking at £500+ !!!! and most games are still 4 core coded - speed is key

Total: £2,203.94 (includes shipping: £0.00)

are two other methods of getting price down -

would be slightly slower then Intel due to clock speed
CODE
Total: £2,021.91 (includes shipping: £0.00)

or

And Lee did this one

Same performance , same cost but far better real estate being used 100% :)

Back
Top Bottom