2K to own FIFA license

Soldato

We thought FIFA couldn't get any worse than EA but down @k own it.

Questions
1. how many will buy FIFA blindly thinking its still the EA owned & buying what they don't expect
2. Will 2K push There own Card leagues & earn even more dollar...

thoughts?

2k are as bad if not worse than EA for micro transactions. I think it would have been worse had it come out before FC24 but now most Fifa fans will know the name change they'll likely know it's not the same game

2k are as bad if not worse than EA for micro transactions. I think it would have been worse had it come out before FC24 but now most Fifa fans will know the name change they'll likely know it's not the same game
2k even have ads in their Basketball games a believe.

I don’t think the FIFA license covers much more than the name and the World Cup branding. I could be taking out of my bottom though…
I think that's pretty much all you get for it, EA has loads of separate exclusive deals with UEFA, the big European leagues etc so all 2k will really get is a few confused people buying the wrong game the EA version is now established with gamers and I can't see them being dethroned easily a bit like when Football Manager replaced Champion Ship managers the players went with the game not the name.

You're not kidding. I picked up PGA 2k24 on a Steam sale and it's absolutely flooded with micro-transactions. I can make peace with just UI or skin updates, but these were for full on pay-to-win game behaviour upgrades. It's disgusting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom