2nd hand car prices still inflated?

Soldato
Hi guys,

Are 2nd hand car prices still inflated or have they dropped back down to normal and I've just been out of the game for such a long time that they all seem high to me still?

My current car, I purchased an 2011 plate in 2015 VW 1.6 golf, one owner from new with all the mod cons and 98k on the clock for around £7000.

My car before that was an 2005 plate Audi a3 brought in 2008/9, one owner from new with 100k on the dail for around 6k.

I'm just looking for a replacement at the moment and cars of my age are still going for around £4000.

It's really making me think that I may be better off getting a car on a lease via work but I'm really looking for a German or Japanese motor... diseal and if possible a 4x4 as I do live in the sticks now.

Soldato
OP
Yeah while not quite as mental as they were a year or so back they're still very high from what we'd all know as 'normal'

There are some good deals on electric cars mind.

The issue I have with electric cars is the battery life span, I know I will have to switch at some point but not just yet for me.

I think that back in the days, companies and old people would buy a new car keep it for 3 years then move it on for a newer model.
Some car warranties have extended to 5 years. Car manufactures are not offering deals on company cars as they used to and people are working from home more so they are taking the risk of having an older car for longer.

Just seems to me it's crazy to pay 8k-10k for a car that is 8-10 years old...

Back
Top Bottom