• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2x 970 vs 980ti

Associate
Yes go with a 980 ti. Jayztwocents did a comparison video so check that out. There was barely any difference between the two however the 980 ti has 2.5gb more VRAM while being supported in every game (not dependent on sli scaling) and lastly the ability to add another down the line

Soldato
..if you can get a single card that is as powerful as the two card alternative, then its best to do so.

..the 980Ti with a bit of overclocking will at least match 970Sli and you won't have to worry about any driver problems either.

Associate
I went with the reference, its pretty silent while keeping under 80c most of the time. You could always adjust the temp limit though if that is something you're concerned about.

Associate
The G1 is good for performance. But the MSI Gaming is another good one, overclocks very well, decent stock clocks. And the cooler is my favourite bit, very quiet and fans don't spin below 60 degrees. I just hope the put a backplate on it, the 970 didn't have one unless one bought the 10 million edition, but the new 390x has a backplate.

Caporegime
The G1 is an absolute belter of a card, but a bit pricey. I've ordered the msi myself as it was a bit cheaper, (£575.99 when I ordered). Unfortunately there aren't any reviews of it out yet.

Associate
I just hope the put a backplate on it

They did

1274979-4.jpg

Disappointingly, the Galax HoF will be without backplate

98IRH5DHF9LT-3.jpg

Edit: yeah that's the LN2 version, the regular air cooled one looks almost the same.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If you already have a 970 it would be cheaper to get another one and put them in SLI rather than pay that big price for the 980ti.

Creating a new build so this will be my first card.

i was going to get the 970 to start with but gonna get the Dell UltraSharp U3415W 34 pannel so wanted to make sure the card can handle it at high res.

i like the MSI ones how do the EVGA compare to them?

Back
Top Bottom