3 year old ipace - would you buy?

Associate
Ok I'm sure this will be a very subjective "chat" but no closer in my own mind either .

Currently own a Audi A7 55TFSI. Nothing wrong with it at all it's a great car with a lot of extras if abit thirsty as only doing fairly short trips ATM.

Always liked ipace's and still think maybe apart from a e-ton GT one of the best looking EV's out there and some great second hand prices on them due the EV market being in the pits.

Having never owned a Jag it's just the horror stories you read everywhere.

Obviously been looking at approved used and drove 150 miles last week to look at one which was a great spec but still ******** myself with this would be my first EV and second ipace's don't seem to have a great history with reliability and a few reports now with battery modules going duff and having to wait months for repair.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The massive Mercia park just up the road from me which is the Unipart/JLR centralised site is now working, thats about all i know.

Im on my 3rd one now, 33k on first, 28k on second one. No issues other than a couple of puncture call outs and a front headlamp washer cover fell off.
I'm in ibstock again only down the road for Mercia park, the place is MASSIVE!

Can only hope JLR/unipart get there act together with the place.

Associate
OP
Please grab some number plates from AutoTrader (or similar) and check insurance costs. I wanted an I-Pace and have driven two (18MY and 22MY facelift). The new infotainment system is much better. Great car in my opinion.
Even though I could afford the price to buy the car, I could not afford the insurance.

39 years old, 9 year NCB (seemed to max out at this in the proof certificate, even though it is higher), safe postal code, etc. Insured with my wife (35 years old) as a second driver. Megane E-Tech £600. Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor £900. I-Pace £2200 (!) on the open market, or £2400 from Jaguar Insurance.

Such a shame as it is a great car.

Have done this, very similar details I'm 40 and wife's 36.

Both full NCB, 10k per year mileage blah blah.

My A7 with us both on it costs £500 with protected NCB, to swap over to the Jag is an additional £280 for the rest of my term.

Quickly checking on the normal sites looking at £800ish a year with my details

Back
Top Bottom