£300 refurbished laptop for video editing?

Soldato
Hi all, as the title suggests I'm looking for a budget laptop that would be capable of editing videos for YouTube.

Ideally I'm not looking to spend more than £300 but I've no idea what specs I should be looking at, is it doable?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Not sure it helps, but I got a cheapo refurb Thinkpad P50. Its a heavy old thing but the cpu still goes strong, i7 6820hq I think, and it has a 4gb graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It wasnt that expensive but that might work for you. Its a sturdy thing, very solid. Should be quite cheap, under your budget anyway

heavy though

If you need smaller and lighter you should be able to get a Ryzen with maybe a 5600u or something like that

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not sure it helps, but I got a cheapo refurb Thinkpad P50. Its a heavy old thing but the cpu still goes strong, i7 6820hq I think, and it has a 4gb graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It wasnt that expensive but that might work for you. Its a sturdy thing, very solid. Should be quite cheap, under your budget anyway

heavy though

If you need smaller and lighter you should be able to get a Ryzen with maybe a 5600u or something like that

Thank you, I'll take a look around and see what I turn up.

Soldato
I'd look at a ThinkPad T480 (Intel 8th gen) or above. Always loads of eBay for under £300.

As above they are pretty rock solid, I've still got a 7th gen one that I gave to my step son and its been abused but still works great!

Last edited:
Soldato
See if you can find a H series CPU from 6th Gen onwards. 8th would be ideal as the core count increases by 50% with Intel.

It’ll be a chonky boy, but you’ll get a big step up performance wise compared to a thin and light.

Then you’ll want a decent enough GPU. You might find something with an MX150 which would do the job.

Soldato
Agree with above, you need something better than the low power CPUs and ideally with a dedicated graphics card.

The T480's generally get "u" processors and no card. Tough but not great for video editing imo

Back
Top Bottom