306 Seat Knackered

Soldato
My get to work 1998 306 XSi has failed it's MOT because of the drivers seat has a cracked frame. Does anybody know how easy they are to remove/fit?

I'm trawling around local scrappies looking for a replacement but not having much luck so far :(

Soldato
OP
Good luck buddy, I had a hell of a time finding a seat due to the same problem, and I gave up and bought a Focus.

To remove the seat.

1. Unplug the battery (Assuming you have side airbags/pretensioners?)
2. Leave for 30mins-1hour
3. Unplug cable under seat
4. Remove screws and remove seat
5. Attach new seat
6. Connect wiring
7. Reconnect battery

Crikey, can't afford that for now!

When you say unplug the able, that implies it's plugged into something by a connection of some sort. All I can see are two orange wires soldered together.

Soldato
OP
I see what you were refering to now. Managed to get a seat and when I removed it from the car at the scrapyard, it was still connected by the plastic connectors.

So in my haste to get it fitted into my car, I wnet and cut the soldered together cables without taking note of what was connected to what :rolleyes:

The wires from the seat are pink and grey and bot wires from under the carpet are orange/yellow. What would happen if I connected them the wrong way around? Is the airbag likely to fire when I re-connect the battery?

Idiot :eek:

Back
Top Bottom