• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 12gb

Associate
Makes the 3080 Evga XC3 Ultra I got for £550 even more of a bargain.

Yep, I was looking through EVGA to see how much it would cost me to upgrade my 3060 Ti which I got here for £390 and it looks like I would have to pay triple that for the EVGA 3080 12GB. And then I remembered to add VAT on top of that. Not sure if the high end market has gone insane or I have.

Soldato
Going to catch some people out this as prices will be similar, they'll buy 10gb thinking it's only 2gig diffo in ram but actually there is slightly more of all cores.

The price kind of makes the £1450 I paid for a 3080Ti seem less crazy even though it's not less crazy :p

Caporegime
Going to catch some people out this as prices will be similar, they'll buy 10gb thinking it's only 2gig diffo in ram but actually there is slightly more of all cores.
The core difference is negligible, basically the bare minimum to even market it as any kind of upgrade. The 3080 was already pretty much maxed out in spec (other than VRAM) at release. But yeah, there may be some confusion as availability will be low and prices of all cards with stay high.

Associate
Nvidia obviously can't come out and double the MSRP of the 3080. This 12GB "new" 3080 is just a smoke and mirrors way of doing exactly that. It's essentially the same card, with double the MSRP, but packaged as a new product so that people don't notice.

$$$

Soldato
Yep, I was looking through EVGA to see how much it would cost me to upgrade my 3060 Ti which I got here for £390 and it looks like I would have to pay triple that for the EVGA 3080 12GB. And then I remembered to add VAT on top of that. Not sure if the high end market has gone insane or I have.

Nevermind everyone can clearly take heart in the fact that you can always blame AMD for this, as everything is always their fault right?!

Back
Top Bottom