• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 12gb

Soldato
I think the purpose of the 3080 12gb and 3090ti is to move the price upwards in preparation for the 4000 series release. The cards they replaced were priced far too cheap for as far as Nvidia is concerned. And it would look bad in reviews if the 4000 series doesn’t provide a mass boost in performance but comes with a hike in price.

So hike the price now and hope everyone forgets when the 4000 series rolls around.

Get your lube ready lads:D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think the purpose of the 3080 12gb and 3090ti is to move the price upwards in preparation for the 4000 series release. The cards they replaced were priced far too cheap for as far as Nvidia is concerned. And it would look bad in reviews if the 4000 series doesn’t provide a mass boost in performance but comes with a hike in price.

So hike the price now and hope everyone forgets when the 4000 series rolls around.

Get your lube ready lads:D
That and more profit for them and their partners now. They know many people are happy to pay scalpers so why not :cry:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
but AMD put a spanner in the works for Nvidia and they had to move every card up a tier. If you have not noticed that before you should be very aware of it now with the price of the 3080 12GB as that was going to be the 3080Ti in the original plans.

It was the talk about two years ago now when people were buying up 2080Ti's or other high end. The narrative was AMD cant compete so its their fault and the nvidia stronghold continued. Now the 6000 series is here and very capable alternatives thus competing, we still have folk out there buying mega scalped prices for nvidia cards. AMD dropped a sac in the lower tiers under the 6900 they should have had a UK seller and for the RRP, missed the open goal, but if I was buying now and had the 3080 or 6900 in the cart for ~£1300 I would choose the latter.

Associate
3080 12gb SHOULD have been called the 3080 Super. It's a decent performance uplift than the old 3080 and 2GB extra VRAM is a nice edition.

Not to mention it's nipping at the heel of 3080 Ti (literally only a few FPS behind) but is considerably more affordable.

3080 12GB is most certainly the high end card to go for right now in terms of price/performance.

Soldato
Well the FE cards are still the best price/performance but if going for AIB then I am sure it is for the individual to decide if the extra cores + extra 2GB VRAM is worth forking out another 250+ quid. Of course the original 3080 should have launched with 12GB but that is a discussion for another thread (or three) ;)

Soldato
3080 12gb SHOULD have been called the 3080 Super. It's a decent performance uplift than the old 3080 and 2GB extra VRAM is a nice edition.

Not to mention it's nipping at the heel of 3080 Ti (literally only a few FPS behind) but is considerably more affordable.

3080 12GB is most certainly the high end card to go for right now in terms of price/performance.
Should have not been released in the first place as its basically a 3080ti anyway.

Soldato
Poor value imo when 3080 Fe can be had for £649 its only translates to few extra fps when the fps is already high you aint gonna notice it and its costing 2x ??? :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
You can pick up the 10gb model for around £900-950 so £300+ for 2gb VRAM and 7% more performance is quite steep.

Maybe I should mention it is the Crème de la crème Rog Strix bad boy edition :p

In fact for the same price I could have had a 3080 Ti but didn't want to live with a bottom tier AIB model inside my case for next 2 years.

Mentally I'll be much happier with a Rog Strix 3080 than a bottom tier 3080 Ti

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom