• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 12gb

Soldato
There's basically no real world difference between 3080 12GB and 3080 Ti. In the charts I've seen it's literally a 1-3 FPS increase at best.

I'd expect the difference to be more beneficial at some point, perhaps when both cards are struggling, as the 3080Ti does have quite a bit more power under the hood.

Same with a 3090, the performance in games doesn't seem to correlate with the extra horsepower that's there.

Associate
I'd expect the difference to be more beneficial at some point, perhaps when both cards are struggling, as the 3080Ti does have quite a bit more power under the hood.

It's the same card 3080 Ti is just better binned. Let's hope the 3080 Ti can make use of the extra 1280 Cuda cores because right now it doesn't seem to correlate with any extra performance in games vs 3080 12GB which still has a very respectable 8960 CUDA cores.

Soldato
It's the same card 3080 Ti is just better binned. Let's hope the 3080 Ti can make use of the extra 1280 Cuda cores because right now it doesn't seem to correlate with any extra performance in games vs 3080 12GB which still has a very respectable 8960 CUDA cores.

If the 3080 TI and 3080 are the same card just better binned that would suggest the main difference is clock speeds / overclocking ability and that there would be 3080 variants with the same core counts.

They're two different cards based on the same core.

Caporegime
If he has the cash and it makes him happy then there are far, far worse things to do that buy and try different hardware. A good percentage of this forum probably either go out and get blotto or stay home and get blotto every weekend, or even during the week, and I would argue those people have far worse issues than the harmless hobby of the guy you are referring to.

Associate
If he has the cash and it makes him happy then there are far, far worse things to do that buy and try different hardware. A good percentage of this forum probably either go out and get blotto or stay home and get blotto every weekend, or even during the week, and I would argue those people have far worse issues than the harmless hobby of the guy you are referring to.
he doesnt have the cash, its on cards and loans

Back
Top Bottom