• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 Hype now over & feeling disappointed?

Associate
It’s now been over a month since I got my hands on my new 3080 graphics card mainly for 4K gaming & I have to say I’m pretty disappointed that it’s not reaching 60fps at ultra settings in a lot of games ! Even world of Warcraft maxed out it doesn’t hit a constant 60 FPS ! Wtf....

I’ve noticed this card will hit 60 a lot of the times in games & then will suddenly just drop 10 FPS ! Never had this problem with my 1080ti in 2k gaming... just seen a big drop & it’s done it so fare in pretty much every game I’ve tried at 4K.... was hoping this card would be a 4K gaming God ! It isn’t sadly.

I mainly wanted to play RDR2 at 4K ultra but it does not stay at 60fps with ultra presets... kinda sits around 50-55 so feels a little laggy still.

same with MSFS2020 Again 4K ultra settings sitting around 50-55 FPS again when in built up areas but will hit 60 when up high...

World of Warcraft 4K ultra with RTX on hits around 50 - 60 again

Games like Rainbow six run well over 100fps np In 4K...

I’ve even tried Planet zoo at 4K ultra & again will hit 60fps most of the time but will suddenly just lose 10fps every now & again when moving around.... kinda sucks because you do notice the game not being smooth.

and before anyone says it no I don’t believe my CPU is the problem here when it’s pretty much on par with the newest CPU on single core gaming... before I made this post I checked on YouTube FPS in the above games & they all have the same problem..

Oh well looks like I need to hope 3080ti next year will solve my problems & give me 4K ultra gaming at 60fps

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Your comparing 1440p to 4k. The difference in computational output is massive.

I dont think its a coincidence that all the games you listed are heavy on the cpu, i also don't think its a coincidence that you didn't actually list your cpu.

I’ve tried playing on my 1440 screen
What monitor are you using? From your signature, sounds like a 60Hz 27". You're aware World of Warcraft limits the FPS to the refresh rate by default...right?

The rig in my sig is running WoW (shadowlands) at a pretty steady 80-120FPS at ultra. I have RTX off of course, as that destroys FPS and looks hardly any different, think it's currently bugged.

4K LG @ 60FPS , I have everything on ultra preset , with RTX off its a solid 60 FPS , its just when you add the New RTX on it will randomly drop down to 50 depends on where you are in the game. It doesnt really add much to the game so leaving RTX off for good.

Associate
OP
Something isn't right if you're dropping to 10fps from time to time with a 3080. I've gamed at 4k on a AMD Fury, 1080ti and for the last 2 years on a 2080ti and not seen that type of behaviour.

If you have a spare both drive, i'd be tempted to run a clean copy of Windows plus drivers / Steam stuff to troubleshoot and compare.

.:edit:.
And as noted GPU is king at 4k but the CPU does impact minimums. That said i went from a 6700k to 9900k and improvements to the minimums was mostly 5 - 10% at best. Averages pretty much the same across both processors.

Its only doing it in the games I mentioned above but then again I did have everything on Epic 4k Preset , from looking at RDR2 benchmarks it does not stay at a solid 4k 60 FPS with any 3080s the same with MSFS2020 , again Benchmarks have it hanging around 50-55 FPS max at 4k Ultra.

I've just put the settings down a little in the games to get 60 , I guess going for Epic settings at 4k last gen games is asking a little to much still.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom